British Champs

notknown

For the championship, is the worst result dropped, or do all 3 rounds count for points?
"Unfortunately the date of Round 2 clashes with both a club competition and a UCI World Cup round. However as we are unable to change the date of Round 2 and in view of the current economic situation a riders best two out of three rounds to count for the 2009 Championship.

In the event of unresolved ties the decision will go to the rider with the best score in the final round"

See further details www.ukbiketrial.co.uk on website under UK Championship

'

"Unfortunately the date of Round 2 clashes with both a club competition and a UCI World Cup round. However as we are unable to change the date of Round 2 and in view of the current economic situation a riders best two out of three rounds to count for the 2009 Championship.

In the event of unresolved ties the decision will go to the rider with the best score in the final round"

In the event of a draw I think it'd be better to go off most cleans between the riders best 2 results. It doesn't seem fair to go off the best score in the final round.

Forgive the question but I haven't been riding competitions for the last few years so I'm not sure what the rules are on wheel sizes.

Can you compete on a 24" bike? I have been reading through the revised rules on ukbiketrial.co.uk and there seems to be no rule against 24" (the wheel size rules now state that wheel size shall not exceed 26") being used but it looks like you can only enter at blue level. Is this correct? If so i'll have to get myself a 26 as well i think

Thanks

Forgive the question but I haven't been riding competitions for the last few years so I'm not sure what the rules are on wheel sizes.

Can you compete on a 24" bike? I have been reading through the revised rules on ukbiketrial.co.uk and there seems to be no rule against 24" (the wheel size rules now state that wheel size shall not exceed 26") being used but it looks like you can only enter at blue level. Is this correct? If so i'll have to get myself a 26 as well i think

Thanks

Min wheel size is 20" max wheel size 26" for riders 15yrs of age and over. For riders under 15 max wheel size 20". Riders enter the category for their correct age group if they want to ride in class. Riders can ride out of class if they want to ride a lower class than their age would put them in on a non championship basis. Entry forms can be downloaded from www.ukbiketrial.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...
does anyone have anthony rews phone number? The number on the entry form is for the caravan place :( I'm trying to cancel my entryfor the weekend.

sorry to hear that Pat - should be a good weekend - weather appears to be good and everything in place. Hope you havent injured yourself like Andrei!!! will be seeing Anthony tomorrow so will let him know and thanks for trying to let him know

pam

looks all good hope they dont spoil it by tryin to make the sections to long ( like last year ) not good for the riders so have a WORD

Dave

Yeh Dave said you had a problem last year going back and forth with a heavy pack on your back to mend Dannys bike - we're not getting any younger you know so lighten the pack or have your been training for this year!!!

Dave has spoken to Anthony, he said the sections should be fine - hope to see you there

Pam

Edited by noworries

what i am tryin to say is that they are losing the plot with how long the section are as they were only 2 or 3 riders that can make it to the end thats not good for trials as its not a trial for just 2 riders, this is why riders are not doing comps.

Dave

As I said before Anthony has said the sections will be easier than last year- I fully agree with your comments and dont want to see the winner losing 30 or more marks. I personally think that if the winner loses about 15 marks then this would be about right but you yourself know the difficulty getting the sections right.

Dave

Do you have an entry list ?

No there isnt one as Anthony has a problem with his computer

Edited by noworries

As I said before Anthony has said the sections will be easier than last year- I fully agree with your comments and dont want to see the winner losing 30 or more marks. I personally think that if the winner loses about 15 marks then this would be about right but you yourself know the difficulty getting the sections right.

Dave

hi all

im sorry dave i dont agree with elite riders losing 15 marks at a british championship round , maybe at a club trial , after all the seeded riders are supposed to be our countries best comp riders, i thought last years trial was spot on and well worth spending the money to make the trip , some of the sections were long but there should be some stinkers in a british championship round.

i feel that when a lot of our riders go abroad to ride they struggle because their sections always seem longer and stiffer than ours.

this is not a dig at anyone as i know how hard it is to set a trial out and keep everybody happy this is just my own personal thoughts.

roy sheridan..