Rim Tar

mike-dyson

When we used to ride we would grind and use tar so most of the time we had pretty decent brakes.

I always used to ask the question as to where to get tar from and all i got was try ebay, as far as i know a good thing to try is bitchamin (roofer's tar) from B & Q or if you see someone tar'ing a roof you could always just ask them for any spare tar.

But a good thing to do first woul be to get a grind as they are one of the best forms of increasing the brake performance and then worry about looking or finding tar.

Hope this helps you (Y)

Scott

Most builders merchants will stock tar (for roofing purposes, and similar applications).

Just look for builders merchants/supplies in the phone book, give them a bell to find out if they stock it.

Road tar is a mixture that is designed to be set (contains little grains of sand and rock, so its not the stickiest of substances).

But tar ready for roofing has a nice tacky quality to it, is best raw and fresh.

Just do it the old fashioned way, with a screw driver and a lighter and get digging it out the road.

They normally have pure(ish) tar on the joins of the roads from where they've laid new bits of road.

But to be fair a grind is less hassel in the long term. :ermm:

I've looked all over the internet and cant find it anywere, all I've found is the monty spray. Does anybody know were to get tar from and how much it is?

Thanks Mike

[/quote

you used to be able to buy it on ebay, just looked and can't find it. sorry that didn't really help. Although there might be more put on, just type in trials tar or something.

I get mine of the roads and then melt it in a pan and then get out any rocks that are in it just to make sure it does not scratch the rims.

You really do that?

I hope you don't do it in the kitchen, that would make a stink, and a mess.

Grind your rim. Tar is ok, its just very sticky, but when it rains, it goes awful. I don't know if it's the water staying on the surface of the tar, or the tar liquefying, it doesn't matter, you still can't stop :P

You really do that?

I hope you don't do it in the kitchen, that would make a stink, and a mess.

Grind your rim. Tar is ok, its just very sticky, but when it rains, it goes awful. I don't know if it's the water staying on the surface of the tar, or the tar liquefying, it doesn't matter, you still can't stop :P

yep i sure do my friend showed me it. It really works

if this helps tar is actually called bitchimen so type tht in on the internet and see wht it comes up with

Yeah but ive got a can of bitchamen left over from a job i was on and it doesnt actualy work :P