Bashguard Problems

hdmackay

Hey guys,

Today I noticed my bashplate was squint and then when I looked at it I saw that a bolt was missing. But i've now realised that the bolt actually snapped and the other bit of the bolt is now stuck in my frame!

Does anyone know a way to get it out?

Does anyone know a bodge I could do to keep that big of the bashguard tight because the rubber keeps falling out now.

I don't want to take it off because I will just destroy my frame.

Thanks

Hunter

yeahh stop being a basher, its a bashguard not a 3rd wheel which is most probably the reason it broke in the first place

best fix would be to drill the bolt out and put a new one in, or if theres a bit of bolt hanging out use a hacksaw cut a small slot in it and use a screwdriver to undo it, then replace the bolt

personally id just stop using it

had enough problems of this nature.

how much of the bolt is pocking out of the frame? if you got 3-5mm tall head showing you might be able to saw down the middle of the bolt(trying not to saw the frame) and use a flat head screwdriver?

other wise drill the bolt out and retap....only ever done that on brake mounts though and thats only 4mmupto5mm.

the ones on the bash are 6mm arn't they.....or 5mm can't remember?!?!?!?

you'll destroy your frame even if you have got a bash on there by the sounds of it, and at the moment you hav'nt

either fix it like we've all recommended you do, none of the fixes are hard, OR ride smoother and don't go for stuff you clearly cant do

how much of the bolt is pocking out of the frame? if you got 3-5mm tall head showing you might be able to saw down the middle of the bolt(trying not to saw the frame) and use a flat head screwdriver?

other wise drill the bolt out and retap.

Theres a wee bit sticking out, but it's on the under-side bit under the frame.

So it would be a bitch to get to. :glare::closedeyes:

you'll destroy your frame even if you have got a bash on there by the sounds of it, and at the moment you hav'nt

either fix it like we've all recommended you do, none of the fixes are hard, OR ride smoother and don't go for stuff you clearly cant do

I will try what yous have said but I mean, quite often if i'm trying to back wheel something and I don't quite make it i'll slip down and hit the bashguard.

Hows that going to wreck the frame at-all?

If I didn't have it, I would be hitting the frame every time.

pics??

I'll try get some soon.

Edited by hdmackay

i have no idea?? your the one telling us you'll destroy your frame without it, were only trying to help

Only because i'll be slipping onto it if I don't make something...

you'll destroy your frame even if you have got a bash on there

What were you meaning by that then? :S

were only trying to help

I know, i'm not trying to start an argument or anything.

I appreciate the help.:)

What were you meaning by that then? :S

its a gaurd, its there for emergencies and not designed for regular harsh use and you should never rely on it

so like i said if your slipping onto stuff that often your going too big, work on being smoother

It's a guard, it's there for emergencies and not designed for regular harsh use and you should never rely on it.

So like I said if your slipping onto stuff that often your going too big, work on being smoother.

Oright. Cool.

That's alot clearer now.

Hi , This has happened to me before on my t-pro what i did is drilled it out(the stuck bolt) after i did that , i then re-tapped the hole where the bolt goes to fit s different bolt , after i did that i had no problems with it.

Hope i helped :)

Rob.