Magura Hs33 Pads

hi im in need of some advice about pads

im running smooth rim atm with monty pads

great bite but not good hold even with tar :(

Im having new wheel build and i wanna get a grind but i dont know what pads

can any one help me ??

Sorry, but there is like one pad topic a week. Please use the search feature, it's not hard to use. Seeing as I can use it ^_^.

But I do recommend, Posting useful topics and when you are validated post in the wanted section and ask for some koxx greens, they are beasty. Hold and bite are f-ing amazing.

And before you ask "how do i get validated" It's as simple as; http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?act=boardrules

Sorry, but there is like one pad topic a week. Please use the search feature, it's not hard to use. Seeing as I can use it ^_^.

But I do recommend, Posting useful topics and when you are validated post in the wanted section and ask for some koxx greens, they are beasty. Hold and bite are f-ing amazing.

And before you ask "how do i get validated" It's as simple as; http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?act=boardrules

Why do you tell every New Member how to get Validated?

Im having new wheel build and i wanna get a grind but i dont know what pads

can any one help me ??

I use Try-all Croco pads and I find them to be really good. Some people might say get the Rock pads, but I havn't used them yet so I can't say how good they are.

Some where on the fourm there is a pad review so you can get a full review on the pads.

Edit: The link is here for the pad review

DMC.

Edited by Cresswell_d

I use Try-all Croco pads and I find them to be really good. Some people might say get the Rock pads, but I havn't used them yet so I can't say how good they are.

Some where on the fourm there is a pad review so you can get a full review on the pads.

DMC.

I agree Try-all Croco pads are really good on a grind.

But if you want good pads for smooth rim I found that Zoo pads and Heatsink Yellows and Heatsink Snowys are really good on smooth. They all give good bite and all hold really well with tar .

I think you should keep your next wheel smooth and get Heatsink Snowy's.

That's what i'm running right now and they are sooo good!

Amazing bite and amazing hold. Just use a bit of tar every now and again.

EDIT: Damn you Stump! :P

Edited by hdmackay

quick heads-up....if you need tar, they are not good pads. Magura black pads work well with tar, and so would a mouse if you got it to fit in the backings.

Got some of those feckers running around my house at the moment, when I catch one I will let you know, just one question: Dead or Alive? I don't really think a live mouse would last that long on a sharp grind! :lol:

Got some of those feckers running around my house at the moment, when I catch one I will let you know, just one question: Dead or Alive? I don't really think a live mouse would last that long on a sharp grind! :lol:

Shrew works well with a sharp, dead mouse is probably better, or if youcan get one (very rare nowadays) stoat works really well on a sharp grind.

:P

still not so sure on what pads i should get :S

been told headsinks but dont know what colour :S

and phatpads but people say the compound is to hard for smooth :S

Help me people

Thanks

Tom

Phatpads will be fine on a smooth rim, will just take longer to bed in.

I find your avatar of you backwheeling one pallet and tucking like f**k quite funny. :lol:

Thats a relatively low blow, Having to insult peoples riding ability.

Theres quite a few pads on the market that will be better than monty pads, the pads ive found are best on a grind are, Rock pad blues, Heatsink Cnc Coust, Heatsink Cnc Yellows, Koxx Bloxx Browns, Koxx Crocos, Phat Pads Cnc and Plazmatic are bring out new Plazmatic TNN Cnc pads, not sure when there going to be avalible though maybe Ali C? Stan? Tarty adam? Can shed some light on that front.

Also you need to remember different pads will work on different grinds, Light, Medium and Harsh, Not forgetting that Medium and Harsh grinds will increase the rate of pad wear.