Echo Sl Forks

Mtchell

Hi

Just snapped echo forks by rolling , yes just rolling up 2 pallets :giggle:

At first was funny and saw this as an achievement but now i can't ride plus i,m stuck on how to go about getting them replaced from tarty ?

I have the invoice and only bought the forks in december as a gift (From the Misses)

Any Advice anyone?

picture281.jpg

Its was only saturday at leeds ride one guy was saying that he reckoned they would snap "JINX" Lol

Edited by Mtchell

you, plenty of people are breaking them, but you can't expect competition oriented components to last long. Stick with KOXX, META, or Trialtech if weight is not a concern.

Edited by nek0

My friend broke his GU but he does quite a bit of wedging, tapping and hooking so that'll destroy any fork over time, loved the GU fork when I had one though. Very stiff. I'm running the META right now, I believe they are made in the same factory as the KOXX or you can always go with Trialtech...they are so stiff it's unbelievable.

I had GU forks for about 3 months, but snapped those as well. Im running the Atomz forks at the moment and have been for a while, although looking at changing them as i think they are going to snap soon, and will be going for the trial techs.

Edit - cant spell Atomz it seems

Edited by Orgun_Donor

My friend broke his GU but he does quite a bit of wedging, tapping and hooking so that'll destroy any fork over time, loved the GU fork when I had one though. Very stiff. I'm running the META right now, I believe they are made in the same factory as the KOXX or you can always go with Trialtech...they are so stiff it's unbelievable.

Ok mate cheers

should last me a while then because i,ve only being riding 6month and i can't hook,tap or gap to front so should last while longer

plus the gu weight twice as much as the SL's so should in theory be twice as thick

:turned:

HOPEFULLY lol

Ok mate cheers

should last me a while then because i,ve only being riding 6month and i can't hook,tap or gap to front so should last while longer

plus the gu weight twice as much as the SL's so should in theory be twice as thick

:turned:

HOPEFULLY lol

If you liked your echo sl's just get some echo lites they are basicly the same except just a bit heavier and a hell of a lot stronger.

Danny (Y)

I had GU forks for about 3 months, but snapped those as well. Im running the Atomz forks at the moment and have been for a while, although looking at changing them as i think they are going to snap soon, and will be going for the trial techs.

Edit - cant spell Atomz it seems

But I Guessing you can ride good in comparsion to me lol

I can't go with riding my bike for to long lol

But I Guessing you can ride good in comparsion to me lol

I can't go with riding my bike for to long lol

When i had the GU's and Echo i was alright, fairly good at side hops, but was only just starting to gap to front, and tap. Even now im not fantastic at tapping or hooking. But personally after the issues i had, i wouldnt recommend Echo Lite or Gu Forks

No offence to but then forks are weak as sh*t (competition forks) . and if you get some new forks in my opinion you should get some koxx forks.

Danny (Y)

Lets not! They are another set of competition forks they are flexy as shit. I used to have some and I swaped them for some zoo forks, alot better!!!!

Also echo lite forks are for "20's".

Edited by Polish Petee

I had the echo lites a couple years back, they look like they are pretty much identical to those... they lasted me a week.

How? Dodgy set? I've only known someone to break them once, and they were battered to hell.

I'd say get TrialTechs, everyone I've known whos had them have been amazed, they're way better than Koxx forks and lighter too I think!

These have a 3 month warranty, so if they were bought in December then it's too late.

That 3 month warrenty thing dosn't sound right. I'm sure everything has to have a year warranty. Obviously if their comp forks and you've smashed hell out of them its your own fault.

odd.

can anyone please find me the trials video of a guy with somthig wrong with his wrist, its like deurable wrist damage, need to find it, he has somthing wrong with is wrist, is all i know

You sure you didn't want to start a new topic for that :ninja:

I also thought i may have a years warranty ,

They haven't been killed at all no where near not a scratch on them,lol

Just Sh!te I,ve got some GU forks on order now and have to try sort some thing with the dealer :teehee:

Edited by Mtchell

I also thought i may have a years warranty ,

They haven't been killed at all no where near not a scratch on them,lol

Just Sh!te I,ve got some GU forks on order now and have to try sort some thing with the dealer :teehee:

Its worth looking into it really. Its fair enough to say that those forks should last a year, if just used for competion.

Just looked on tartys site, can't seen anything about the warrenty being only 3 months.

I cant believe they have snapped in that place usually they snap at the top.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1271169/ (not my bike)

Thats a compleatly different set of forks, they arn't even rigid. Its the steerer tube thats snapped and not the fork itself!!!

Edited by Trials Punk