First Bikes

Miffting

I was just wondering what sort of thing people started riding on.

Did you buy stock or build yourself or buy a second hand with all the parts?

Cheers (Y)

my 1st trials bike was a monty 230 urban that i built my self with planet x forks white onza wheel set azonic bar and stem middleburn cranks hope mono trials front and hayes hfx 9 rear brake el gato tires on there too! It rode real nice but i would of prefered a maggy out back but for some retarded reason monty made it for a 25" rim! Looked wierd with its curved down tube and top tube but it rode well, enough fairly light. I miss it now though with bikes today havin no seat and huge bb rises i think it was the last of its kind!

LOL you were fairly close to the truth about the breaks, the front break started to crush the rim, and the rear break caused the frame to expand away from the rim.

Also the original rear shock blew out on me half way through a stair set, but managed to get it replaced under warranty :)

Ironically riding home without anything more that pedalling this happened, and it was game over.

SD801002.jpg