Iphone Headphones

Tomm

OK, I want some suggestions for headphones for an iPhone, because the standard ones are pretty rubbish in many ways. Firstly they're white, secondly the sound quality is fairly average and thirdly they don't stay in my ears. I've had a google but not really found very much so I'm wondering if anyone on here will know.

The one thing they MUST have is a remote control button (like the standard iPhone headphones have), which unfortunately rules out 95% of headphones. It would be nice if they also had a mic for handsfree business but that's really not too important. Like I said, I don't like white but pretty much any other colour is OK.

I would prefer in-ear buds, and probably something that's going to stay in for riding bikes/snowboarding/whatever. So probably some sound-isolating canal ones, right? I also don't want anything that's going to fall apart. I'm actually not massively fussed about audio quality, as long as they're no worse than the standard ones I'll be happy.

The best ones I've seen so far are Nixon's 'The Wire' headphones but they're fairly pricey and apparently sound quality isn't amazing.

Any ideas?

As long as you stay clear from Bose you will be fine. They are utter tripe and over priced.

Review in CustomPC magazine give the Sennheiser MM50's 5/5. Has a mic and they are in ear. £29.99

By remote, do you mean like skip track etc?

As long as you stay clear from Bose you will be fine. They are utter tripe and over priced.

Review in CustomPC magazine give the Sennheiser MM50's 5/5. Has a mic and they are in ear. £29.99

By remote, do you mean like skip track etc?

Yeah, it's just one button but you click for play/pause, click twice for skip track and three times for skip backwards. It works really well and like I said it's essential for me since the iPhone itself has no physical buttons - and I'll be damned if I want to get the phone out of my pocket to skip tracks. I'm not sure if the iPhone has compatibility for more complicated remotes but I don't really care, the simple button works really well.

Those ones actually look pretty good!

Kinda depends on how much you want to spend.

Those Sennheiser ones are pretty good, not a bad price. I've got some V-Moda ones which are really amazing sound quality but poor build quality, i'm on my 5th or 6th pair unfortunately. However they did ship the last pair straight from America rather than me having to return them so I have one pair of working and one pair of broke.

I've also got some of the new Apple in-ear ones which sound alright but are a bit pricy for my liking. The remote is sweet but it's a shame the volume up and down isn't supported on the iPhone, only the Nano and something else.

Not much of a help but might be worth looking in to either of those. If you buy the V-Modas and return them closed box I'll send you my old headphones which you can return to the US for replacements. :P

I have the Bose in-ear phones, they are awesme, very good sound quality. but there is 2 slight problems. The little rubber bits that hold the ear-phones in your ear fall off fairly easy and can e lost and they cost about £80

Also in terms of a remote, i know the apple shop in lakeside do a remote for the I-Phone that has the in built mic as well as the button as per the original remote, However you can plug any headphones into it.

I'm rocking the white CX300s, they've been great since august when I got them, just a minor problem recently with the little rubber block coming of the cable and the two cables splitting for a couple of inches. I mended it with a staple. :P

They've done well considoring they've been used solidly for about 9 months.