Motor-trials

Lovely new Paxau Sherco 125, More power than my ty250 twinshock!

Like that's hard. :P

I had a 175 twinshock for my first bike, it was unbelievably slow, it had so little compression that if you braked hard in ANY gear, it would lock the rear wheel so it skidded and stalled, then would bump itself again when you took your foot of the pedal.

I had a 175 twinshock for my first bike, it was unbelievably slow, it had so little compression that if you braked hard in ANY gear, it would lock the rear wheel so it skidded and stalled, then would bump itself again when you took your foot of the pedal.

HAHA!!! I used to have an old ty250r mono. I learnt so much on that bike :rolleyes:

HAHA!!! I used to have an old ty250r mono. I learnt so much on that bike :rolleyes:

I'm on my second now, I had a TY250S jap import that my brothers riding now, and I have a TY250R which is an original UK one with the optional Talon front disc on it. (Apparantly it was an optional extra until the Pinkies came, then they got a far better one).

I still am learning on it, it's great because it's so strong, no snapping swingarms or shite electrics for me. :P My current one has never broken down, it's currently got 3 cracks in the frame, they don't appear to be growing. :lol: (If any of them actually snap I can get it welded for nothing).

I'm on my second now, I had a TY250S jap import that my brothers riding now, and I have a TY250R which is an original UK one with the optional Talon front disc on it. (Apparantly it was an optional extra until the Pinkies came, then they got a far better one).

I still am learning on it, it's great because it's so strong, no snapping swingarms or shite electrics for me. My current one has never broken down, it's currently got 3 cracks in the frame, they don't appear to be growing. (If any of them actually snap I can get it welded for nothing).

Its brilliant to see the TY's out there. I ran mine for a few years and my dad had a pinkie. If there is anything you need to know muel, we have had the buggers down to the ground! A few of them had mods done on the inlet manifolds to make them a bit snappier. And by god it worked! I used to wheelie dads pinkie in 4th and 5th wheelspining!

max

I should be alright thanks mate, I did a full rebuild on my R minus the engine, and on my S I stripped it and replaced the main bearings and seals, all the gear box bearings and the little end, also cut open and repacked the whole exaust system! Where did you get the inlet shortened though? It's something I really want to have done. Mines standard apart from 75% of the weight off the flywheel and an extended clutch arm. (Lighter than my mates Montesa TRW 4RT, bit slower though. :P).

Heres mine when I first got it and tarted it up: LINKY. Scroll down for more pics.

One day it will get a LOT of mods done to it, I need about a grand to do everything I want to it though!

• 350 top end or complete 350 engine
  • Shortened inlet
  • Raised compression ratio
  • Raised and opend exaust port, raised and polished transfer ports
  • Lower the footpegs
  • Extend the rear shock (makes it more progressive travel)
  • Pinky front wheel, forks and disc.
  • TYZ rear disc

Riding tommorrow!! First time in about 3 months, should be mint. I might even get serious and don my Hebo top.

Mine will wheelie in fourth really well, but to get it up in fifth you have to really murder the cluch off a crest, not fun. :( Was yours running the 10:35 gear ratio or 11:42? I've got 10:35 so fifth gear wheelies are really fast. :lol:

Had an amazing ride yesterday, did loads of stuff I hadn't tried before. Bike as running perfect aswell looks like I've finally got the carboration right!

I've been looking into rebuilding my engine, won't cost as much as I first thought by the looks of things.

Fell off three times, two were bif offs aswell, didn't even break a lever! (Think my bars are a bit bent though. :P).

OHHHHHH thats you on trials central! :Plol The manifold mod is done by birkets (scorpa/ yamaha). If you send them the barrel i think they still do it. It gives the bike a load more touque (scary). I personally wouldnt have it done. We had a few problems with the bike overheating at first. But make sure your running a resistor plug, and good carbiration, it should be fine.

Here is my beauty. After we resprayed it and put fresh graphics on it.

max

Edit: fogot to mention muel, the silencer makes a huge differnce to the power of the bike. There are generally two kinds of aftermarket pipes.

1. power

2. smooth.

I had a power pipe and my dad had a smooth. The inlet manifold mod+power pipe= leathel!

Edited by trialsmax04

Yeh mine has a Wes smooth silencer, my mates Dad once had a Pinky which was amazing, 270, shortened inlet, raised exaust port and polished all the ports, raised compression ratio.

Best bike I have EVER ridden.

My plan is to get the bottom end all rebuilt and perfect, and attempt to get away with new rings, then some time in the future look into modifying a 350 top end for it.