High Bb

I personally think its beneficial to learn on a low bb. This teaches you more about how body weight effects the bike rather than having the bike do some of the work for you.

Some may disagree, but I can't think of anyone great who started on a high bb bike.

Ali's right... Your able to get a better feel for balancing points and weight transfering on a lower BB, but some say that if you are changing from mod to stock its better to go for a higher BB stock frame.

As for the Zoo! in good condition bare frame is surely worth between £60-£80?

Cheers

easier to ride, but lots harder to learn on!!!

lower bb's are more fun i recon, had a t-rex which is (0 bb hight i think) and was sooo much fun.....riding echo hifi now (+55) really easy to ride but feels really 'twichy'...sensitive to ride!

if that helps??!?!?

i used to train on a GT zaskar which is a mountain bike frame which has a negative bb high..

and after i changed to a Crescent Ilions i felt so much of different in geometry. with the higher bb, i was so confident of doing big moves..

my say would be learning it from a low bb trials bike first and you would feel that changing to a high bb frame makes move so much easiler..

Edited by Kel

To be fair so long as the frame you are learning on is trials specific and not too extreme (i.e. not vinco or similar mental frames) you should be fine with a high or low bb.

I agree that lower bbs are more fun though, especially to a less experienced rider, maybe because they feel more like a 'normal' bike.