Ashton Effect

chrispy61

I was also waiting, until i went and bought a Leeson!!

Back to the point, it looks to me like the Ashton's wont be out anytime soon. Simply for the facts that they havent yet re-leased pics of the full builds, they havent given geometry, and the prices arent yet set in stone.

Maybe im wrong, but normally you see all those things at least a few weeks before frames/bikes are available to buy.

At the moment, your guess is as good as mine.

Owen

Well they need to hurry up, wasnt it posponed from march to may coza stickers i read??? Id buy a inspired if there was a full bike for around £600-£700 but i dont think there is? the one on tarty bikes is £1100 odd and is to much to spend on a bike to get back into trials!!

Id buy a inspired if there was a full bike for around £600-£700 but i dont think there is? the one on tarty bikes is £1100 odd and is to much to spend on a bike to get back into trials!!

Phone them up and get one to your budget.

• 2 weeks later...

Im gettin a bit fed up with waiting for it! U would of thought that they would be pushing to get them out there cuz the 24" scene is gettin big and inspired have pretty much got it to themselves at the moment even more so that u cant get hold of the 24uk either! I think its a case of takin the plunge and get a fourplay.

Im gettin a bit fed up with waiting for it! U would of thought that they would be pushing to get them out there cuz the 24" scene is gettin big and inspired have pretty much got it to themselves at the moment even more so that u cant get hold of the 24uk either! I think its a case of takin the plunge and get a fourplay.

Its just the expence of an inspired, especially for me because im trying to get back into it and dont want to splash out on an inspired and find im crap and loose interest.

There is that point i suppose! Im Gunna get an inspired cuz the ashton seems a no go! Shame its a good lookin frame except the paint scheme!

Im with you all the way - Just wish somebody from the ol' ashton camp would let us know whats going on with it?!

Ibs

I cant work it out. If there havin problems sortin it as a full bike or what ever start sellin the frame on its own! The market is goin mental right now Steve at heatsink has sold out all 24uk frames till next year! And tartybikes have no inspired fourplays in stock till august! Ashton could charge 300 quid each and they will sell. People seem to be going mad for 24" at the moment and ashton are missing out!

Thats the thing, i check the Ashton site quite often but there is only ever news on how the team is doing in competitions. Its would be nice to no somthing, even if it was telling us an update! I no there is about 10 people that used to ride in Torquay that really want to get back into it but are wanting 24". Really frustrating.

Thats the thing, i check the Ashton site quite often but there is only ever news on how the team is doing in competitions. Its would be nice to no somthing, even if it was telling us an update! I no there is about 10 people that used to ride in Torquay that really want to get back into it but are wanting 24". Really frustrating.

+1

I know one or two people who would like one too! I even know a bmx rider who has never ridden a trials bike but wants an ashton effect! I would expect diamondback to mess the general public around but with Martyn ashton steering the ship (so to speak) i wouldnt of thought this would happen, i have been lookin at their website there prices were about £470 for the full bike and £229 for the frame. But they said this could change, still no geo or release date

Edited by bender b rodreguez

Its a joke innit!

It is to be quite honest! A bike that has been designed and tested by one of the most respected and influential trials riders in the uk and the company dont seen to be pushing for its release! You wouldnt imagine koxx to do that with a frame designed and tested by giacomo coustellier would u? I know its a bit of a gamble for diamondback branching into an area of biking usually off limits for the mainstream manufacturers but come on the response has been more than enough for this bike/frame

The Effect is being released. DB are behind the project 100%

Look guys, I'm sorry that you are waiting. I'm deserate to get bikes out too, and they will be available very soon. We have had a delay due to exchange rate/price change in the far east etc. The details will be on the site ASAP. Thanks for your interest in the bike, it really is appreciated.

Martyn

The Effect is being released. DB are behind the project 100%

Look guys, I'm sorry that you are waiting. I'm deserate to get bikes out too, and they will be available very soon. We have had a delay due to exchange rate/price change in the far east etc. The details will be on the site ASAP. Thanks for your interest in the bike, it really is appreciated.

Martyn

Ah Martyn some one said you were here. It does sound like were moaning, me especially! I just couldnt work out why the bike/frame was takin so long to come out. There was little or no news on the website. But u have cleared it up for us.

Lol@ you guys saying it's a joke. If you ever start a business you'll discover that if something can go wrong, it usually will...

I look forward to reppin' one when they come out, I want an awesome do everything machine and this looks like the one. I reckon there will be an Effect fad like there was a Justice fad a few summers ago.

Thanks for the update Martyn.