Can A Try-all 108.9 Freewheel Be Taken Apart?

weirdoku

Yo,

Got the freewheel here but it's locked up and will not budge. So I'm wondering if it can be taken apart and serviced so it's usable again? If so, how do I do it?

I haven't get the tool yet to take it off the cranks its on at the moment but it looks like I have to take it off the cranks first to do anything else.

Are they even worth servicing, or are the pretty much fecked once it's messed up internally?

Cheers!

Edited by weirdoku

i took mine came apart lol had two snapped springs so i made some from an old bike light (battery contacts) then cleasn its all put bearings in with some grease and tightened it up and it runs the same just wee bit louder

i took mine came apart lol had two snapped springs so i made some from an old bike light (battery contacts) then cleasn its all put bearings in with some grease and tightened it up and it runs the same just wee bit louder

And is it still working or has it died again?

I wouldnt take it appart, it's not worth risking your teeth if you have a spare eno freewheel :P, also they are welded shut aswell so it would be impressive if you got it open hahaa:P

Adam (Y)

Mine wasn't welded shut. Last season I took it apart and cleaned it out with no problems. Do it over a bucket or something so that you don't lose any bearings, unless you plan to go to a bike shop and replace the bearings anyways. I'll probably do the same when I switch cranks soon.