Magura Brakes

after some loong thinking i have decided that an onza rip is a good choise for me, affordabel and upgradable,

but it has vee brakes, and i wanted to fit magura H33's on the back,

is there an adaptor kit?

and if there is is it good or a bit of a compramise?

and is there anywhere you can recommend getting it from,

cheers

Edited by edwradmark91

kl :) cus i have mountain biked, and i always kept my brakes rock solid, so the slightest tap and i was nearly over the bars, and i got kinda found of it, so i want it to carry on, and i have been told brakes like this are the best for trials :)

thanks again :)

xxx

kl :) cus i have mountain biked, and i always kept my brakes rock solid, so the slightest tap and i was nearly over the bars, and i got kinda found of it, so i want it to carry on, and i have been told brakes like this are the best for trials :)

thanks again :)

xxx

Yep, you need good brakes which will lock up instatly. :)

can vee brakes be similar in power and modulation to magura's? or with the right pads?

xx

vee brakes are stronger that magura hs33's but they can be a faff because they take abit of time to setup right and the wire stretches due to the tension but if you can get them right they are betterer ;)

Edited by Nickkkkk

yeah i have a horrendous time with cables, cus i always break the caps off the end by accident and end up cutting my hands on the frayed ends :( so the idea of getting magura hydraulics which it says need minimal maintenance, seemed immense :) but if they wont fit on the onza rip, i will just stick with cables :)

xxx

To be honest I think you would be much better off getting yoursel the onza bird instead of the rip because the bird has a 19" back wheel and will be stronger and more suitable parts etc. On the subject of brakes I too agree that a vee brake with the right pads can be as good if not better than a magura.

yeah i have a horrendous time with cables, cus i always break the caps off the end by accident and end up cutting my hands on the frayed ends :( so the idea of getting magura hydraulics which it says need minimal maintenance, seemed immense :) but if they wont fit on the onza rip, i will just stick with cables :)

xxx

But, magura can he a alot worse then cable's for maintainance. :P

Hello again get magura's if you get them new they come with all the parts you need to fit on to standard v mounts in the box all mine did so double check with the shop to make sure ok mate.

okay :) so magura brakes can fit on a 20" bike, and they do come with adaptors for vee mounts :)

but i know that they can get expensive, but if they are really as good as i have been told then i think they are the best option :)

thanks alot guys :)

happy riding

after some loong thinking i have decided that an onza rip is a good choise for me, affordabel and upgradable,

but it has vee brakes, and i wanted to fit magura H33's on the back,

is there an adaptor kit?

and if there is is it good or a bit of a compramise?

and is there anywhere you can recommend getting it from,

cheers

IF you havn't bought the rip yet pay the extra 50 (is it 50?) for the Onza pro, it has a 19" backwheel which will be alot better and would eb able to convert to Maguras :)

Keep the bike as it comes new take off the rear brake system and the disc rotor, put on your magura you will need some 4 bolt mounts to done.

P.S. Thats if you get the 09 onza pro

Edited by Earl