Help! Bb Removal Problems

ogre

Hey everyone i have an SKF 300 bb, the driveside tool interface has sheared off (N)

The axle on the non drive side, protudes to far, so my tool (the one from the tarty site that says it should fit) cannot even undo the non drive side cup.

so suggestions, non powertool related first please, i do not need this BB to work after removal, i have a new BB waiting.

if the bb works fine, leave it in.

as for the tool not fitting it sounds like u didnt use the washers for the 73mm bb shell to fit on a 68mm bb frame.

but get a rounded file and file the inside of the bb tool so it fits all the way on, if i remember correctly shouldn't have to file much off,

or if u like the tool too much use a grinder/file to remove enough of the crank stop on the bb to fit the tool on.

hope i have been of help.

You could try to file the sides of the bottom bracket cup so it looks sorta like post-16365-1243792268.png see how its got two edges flat. Then get that thing with a massive adjustable spanner. But be careful it's much easier to get it right first time then keep going so that you end up with two edges of about 15mm when it could have been about 30mm. Or you could try dilling two holes in the cup, and then use a pin spanner to get it out. Or sometimes they are called adjustable bottom bracket tools. Or you could wait till someone clever on the forum tells you a easier way to do it. (heheh)

the bb doesn't give enough clearance for my new set up. and it wobbles cause of the lack of spacer. it needs to be replaced.

luke i know how to unscrew a bottom bracket if you read the first f**king post you'd realise i can't actually use the tool to remove it. and i'm not filing it cause i might send it back if it's useless.

Pictures. I want to see what the tool interface looks like. Have both sides sheared off? And When you say the axle potrudes too far did it do this when you put it in? (sorry if there is any bad spelling on the school computers with no spell check)