Decent Bottom Bracket Longer Than 127mm?

You can get longer bb's, but they tend to have longer bodies too. So you'd need to use some spacers and then there won't be enough of the threads in the frame on the drive side.

Easiest thing to do is replaces the chainring, you shouldn't really be having any trouble with a 128mm bb. :S

What kind of clearance do you or don't you have, so long as the chainring isn't touching the stays you don't have a problem, it's not like it's going to move.

Edited by JT!

Its practically touching at the moment, 1mm space maybe, but when you ride as you put power down there is flex in the frame and cranks so i have already worn a little groove.

Problem is i have only just built the bke, so as i ride im bound to have to tighten the cranks as they settle in again, and i cant afford for the ring to get any closer!

Thanks for your help, if you do have a link to any of those BBs you were talking about i would like to check them out :)

As a last resort ill have to get a smaller front ring and mess with the gears, i like the ratio i have at the moment though.

Just take the bb out and stick a 3mm spacer in the drive side. There should still be enough threads in the frame.

yeah im with him, thats the cheapest solution! you got a marino frame in the end i take it? are you still running those ac cranks? or have you got soemthing else now? might be a way of milling a little away on the spider, depending on what you have?

Yeah you could just add a spacer, even a 1mm would do by the sound of it, it'll offset your cranks a little, but just by however wide the spacer is so it'll be unnoticeable.