My Hope Is Crying

Mockett

If its an intermittent ting/woosh sort of noise then sounds like the rotor is warped and its just catching the pads, if its squealing when you apply the brake then its more than likely contaminated pads :)

Or mono trials brake squicks when you brake, which is normal, means tha brake is working fine, some times the rotor catches the corner of a brake pad and squicks when wheel spins slownly ( maybe it is not set up perfectly or rotor is a bit bent), had this on my brake - it is completely normal. Unless what forteh said it might be contaminated, but that is when you dont have enough braking power. Which is it?

Also, you didn't oil your disc brake like silly people do?

Edited by 3dd

I had the same on my mono trials last week. Just take the disc and pads of the bike and get some wire wool and just rub the pads ike mad and the disc will probaly need a clean just do the same as with the pads. Mine now works perfectly fine.

Scott

it makes the squeeking noise even when the brake isnt pressed

if that helps

Pads will be rubbing on the disc then, try looking straight down the rotor as you spin it to see if it's warped. If it is use an adjustable spanner to straighten it up.

Take your pads out and re face them then re center the caliper and try again :)