Sport Class Comp

Jitters

Hi all,

I'd like to attend a competition one of these days and was wondering if someone could post pics (or direct me to pics) of something I might come across in the sport class. I believe that would be the next step above the beginner level. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ultimately, I'd like to set something up that's similar in my yard so I can practice lines and things that would be pretty 'real world,' if that makes sense.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'd like to attend a competition one of these days and was wondering if someone could post pics (or direct me to pics) of something I might come across in the sport class. I believe that would be the next step above the beginner level. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ultimately, I'd like to set something up that's similar in my yard so I can practice lines and things that would be pretty 'real world,' if that makes sense.

Thanks!

i don't have any pics handy, but i would say that sport is all about bike handling and that you won't see anything over 2 feet high....but it might be a 2 foot 90 degree drop from a log on to some pointy rocks (there was a sport section like that at the most recent TTC comp: sport line enters riding a telephone pole, has to get off of it to the right side on to some rocks, turn left, get over a foot-high rock and you're out).

so just try for really technical riding and don't worry about any sort of big moves. or better yet, just come down and ride with us in atlanta and we'll show you right :)

Edited by durkie

here is an old video of me riding a sport competition

my first comp in sport

a little bit harder sport competition

hope this will help you

It looks like you've stitched clips together to make it look like on smooth line, except your t-shirt keeps magically disappearing and reappearing lol. Especially from 1.04 in the second video.

Yes, I noticed my error after the fact. I'd say the novice level is what I'd be shooting for, which I'm noticing would probably be the sport class over here. Gonna watch the video in a few minutes. Thanks for help! =)

...Edit after watching...

Yeah, the first video is what I was looking for, just so I know what to expect. It has become painfully apparent that I still have some work to do. Hehe.

The bike getting stuck on that red ladder thing was pretty funny. Probably not at the time, of course, but looks like something I would get myself into. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Tappets

i don't have any pics handy, but i would say that sport is all about bike handling and that you won't see anything over 2 feet high....but it might be a 2 foot 90 degree drop from a log on to some pointy rocks (there was a sport section like that at the most recent TTC comp: sport line enters riding a telephone pole, has to get off of it to the right side on to some rocks, turn left, get over a foot-high rock and you're out).

so just try for really technical riding and don't worry about any sort of big moves. or better yet, just come down and ride with us in atlanta and we'll show you right :)

What's your "real name"? I probably met you there, because I was there. Gary, come down and either ride with the Atlanta crew or me sometime. We'll show you first hand what you should be able to do in sport. As that's what I ride in. lol

I've emailed durkie before, I think. There are some riders in Charlotte, NC too. Just tough to get free weekends to travel.

I am planning on getting out there for the October thing. My GF's cabin in the NC hills is only about 2 hours from Chattanooga. I'll give it a go, just save the laughter for when I'm not within earshot. Hehe