Which Onza To Buy?

Kick

im lookin for my first bike and trying to decide which one to buy.

Im quite tall but people have reccommended a 20" as im beginner.

Is the onza rip, onza bird any good??? which is better??

there is also the ONZA Spyrogyra which is 26". im quite tall so this would work too.

any suggestions??? cheers

im lookin for my first bike and trying to decide which one to buy.

Im quite tall but people have reccommended a 20" as im beginner.

Is the onza rip, onza bird any good??? which is better??

there is also the ONZA Spyrogyra which is 26". im quite tall so this would work too.

any suggestions??? cheers

Aso forgot the onza hitman. cheers

Hey there mate,

I myself ride an Onza Bird, and I can definately recommend it over the Rip.

It comes with a front disc (which is very bitey), instead of a vee, and it comes with Creepy Crawlers, which are much better tyres.

Both of them are pretty heavy as they are beginner bikes, but both are very strong and nice to ride for the money.

Go for the bird mate (Y)

EDIT: Here is a picture of mine if you're wondering what they look like:

20a9yes.jpg

Though I have modded mine a little bit.

Edited by Horndean Trials

Im not really seen a load of these bikes and correct me if im wrong, however

disent the rip have 2 20" wheels

and the bird have a 19" back, so just for that reason id go for the bird.

because your a beginner your speck dosent matter 100% and if you can learn the tricks as youve seen in the above post, then you can mod your bike as you wish to suit your self and your style of riding.

also even if there is a price differance the rip will last you untill youve got your moves then youll want a new bike, the bird will last you as long as you like as even I would be happy on one of them :)

Have you not got any headset spacers above the stem? How have you tensioned the stem properly?

I'd say the spec does matter an awful lot, I had a standard T-Pro and didn't learn that fast, then got a Zona frame and started upgrading it. Every time I upgraded something I got a lot better.

It doesn't matter who you are, if you ride a better bike you will learn faster and be able to ride it better straight away. (In my experience).

Have you not got any headset spacers above the stem? How have you tensioned the stem properly?

I'd say the spec does matter an awful lot, I had a standard T-Pro and didn't learn that fast, then got a Zona frame and started upgrading it. Every time I upgraded something I got a lot better.

It doesn't matter who you are, if you ride a better bike you will learn faster and be able to ride it better straight away. (In my experience).

all im saying is even on a good bike you your still a begginer- and imo if you start from the basics not only when you up grade your bike youll get better again, you will also learn to appreciate your bike.

ive seen too many spoilt brats on here for anyone to knock that comment :P.

if you got a bird, you could learn the basics then upgrade it however much you feel , however if you was to get a rip theres not alot you could do with that when you gets better as its got two front wheels. and youll just kill the back wheel on bigger moves.

I dont think id be looking for a new one if it was me id be looking on pinkbike/ebay for one someone has had and dosent ride anymore and got for a t-pro or blade over one of these frames.

Hey there mate,

I myself ride an Onza Bird, and I can definately recommend it over the Rip.

It comes with a front disc (which is very bitey), instead of a vee, and it comes with Creepy Crawlers, which are much better tyres.

Both of them are pretty heavy as they are beginner bikes, but both are very strong and nice to ride for the money.

Go for the bird mate (Y)

EDIT: Here is a picture of mine if you're wondering what they look like:

20a9yes.jpg

How can u live with a vee's i hate them personaly every thing ealse is nice and just out of intrest how heavy is it?

Edited by alex-trials-boy

How can u live with a vee's i hate them personaly every thing ealse is nice and just out of intrest how heavy is it?

yeh totally agree with that one matey i had a go on one with vees got up on back wheel did some hops and the brake wouldnt stop slippin one bit it was rate bad