What Do You Learn First?

gibbo8888

In my opinion, the best way to get started is to get the general feel of the bike, because it helps you learn the more advanced tricks.

Then, once you have that down, you should try to practice balancing on two wheels static.

This vid helped me when i was starting out,

Trackstanding.

Rocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlU5xV7bKSQ...feature=related

Hope, I've helped.

Dan.

Edited by Dan Thornton

In my opinion, the best way to get started is to get the general feel of the bike, because it helps you learn the more advanced tricks.

Then, once you have that down, you should try to practice balancing on two wheels static.

This vid helped me when i was starting out,

Trackstanding.

Rocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlU5xV7bKSQ...feature=related

Hope, I've helped.

Dan.

thats the one!

its a bit boring learning it if your with other riders, so this is one you can do at home!

however once you get your ballance you then can learn to backhop. but I also think aswell as learning to hop on the back wheel, its also a good chance to learnt to ride up walls, find a wall a small one to start off with and ride up and see if you can ride your bike up this. there is not a certin way of doing this as youll learn to make the move your own way. once you do this you then can learnt to bunny hop walls. (do this to bash plate/ring and then progress to just using your tyres)

I found a relatively easy way to get used to your bike and weight transition is by holding the front brake and lifting the rear wheel onto a kerb to which you are riding parallel. Or, lift the front wheel onto it (again parallel) and then hold the front brake and lift the back wheel on after you. Try this also going off the kerb, and this will help significantly with moving the bike around and your ow body weight.

After getting this down on kerbs, you can move onto bigger things like walls.

I must point out that trackstands and hops are also very important, but the weight manipulation was unmentioned so :)