Going From A Member To A Pre Member?

Caswell_35

After reading through your posts, that is kinda weird. Aside from some mediocre spelling, they all seemed fine! Try getting in touch with a Mod or, if you can't, Tom or Danny - might just be a mistake, if not then at least you'll have a reason why it happened!

Because a lot of your posts don't have sentences, capital letters or full stops. Some will say it's petty, but it takes literally no effort at all and makes your posts much easier to read!

There are many other people on this forum in members section who do not do that? Are they sent to pre members??

what about people who are dyslexic and find it difficult to spell and use full stops at the right times e.t.c. like myself I try my best best but some times what looks fine to me is completely wrong

I completely agree!

Not everyone is as great at spelling and sentences as others! Its not right to have such a high expectation! This forum should not be about who can spell the best and having perfect english skills, its about helping each other out and talking about trials!! If someone does'nt but a full stop or capital letter in the right place you can still understand and read what they wrote!

Looking through other peoples posts, alot of people don't do the basic things! However you can still read what they have written, and still form a conversation from it.

Also i for one do not have the access to the spell check as it does not work for some unknown reason! It may be the same for others?

what about people who are dyslexic and find it difficult to spell and use full stops at the right times e.t.c. like myself I try my best best but some times what looks fine to me is completely wrong

You have to be careful when you play the 'dyslexia' card that it doesn't get mistaken for the 'can't be arsed' card. Dyslexia or not, sentences begin with a capital letter and end in a full stop.

I'm sure Caswell35 will be validated again if his posts remain as they have been since he returned from holiday.

Jon

So, does dyslexia mean you don't know to press the shift key with each letter that begins a sentence?

Regardless of dyslexia, it should be simple. Here's a top tip: type as you'd talk. Well, you know now to use the shift key when you begin a sentence... but as you type if you're also thinking of the words in your head, you should be able to place commas and full stops where you'd naturally take a breath or pause as you speak the sentence.

I completely understand that there are people out there who cant be arsed and would happily play the dyslexic card, but for people who actually do have this problem, thinking and worrying about where full stops and commas go can be quite frustrating and often only makes matters worse. But i completely understand the reason for the rules as i hate all the text talk and other crap that some people type. There is no excuse for not using the queens english, to the best of your mental abilety