Riding In The Rain?

Normaly pedals arn't much of a problem, breaks are the problem, however if you have a good grind and pad compound you should be ok. I tend not to gap as much or anything that will put the back break under allot of preasure. just try and find you'r own comfot zone.

P.S sorry for bad spelling and punctuation spell check don't work on work computer

Luke

Doesn't really bother me too much, you just change your perspective on things, don't go at things so hard, i tend to just change the way i ride and what i ride on. Just makes the normal stuff more of a challenge. But yes, decent pedals/shoes and pad/brake set up do help.

riding well in the wet comes with experience... as everything performes less ,i.e , brakes , tires ... slippery surfaces etc... you will eventually learn to use your body weight better to compensate for these. i tend to keep my body more centered or more forwards over the bike to help keep the rear end from slipping about , or vice versa for your front. also cushaining your landing's more wether going up something or off something can help with grip.

when it rains just go out and have fun... im sure once you learn to ride well in the wet like i did, then you will trust the drier conditions more and better yourself in the dry to!!

The main things that are a problem in the rain are:

>slippery brakes

>less grip on obstacles (depends on what material you are riding on)

>natural trials (I personally dont ride natural trials as that requires lots of grip)

solutions:

>get a fresh grind on your brakes

>only ride on materials which make the most out of the grip of your tyres

>Dont ride natural trials until your sure that you can do that line.

Hope this helps :D

Cheers for the responses guys. Much obliged!

But yes, decent pedals/shoes and pad/brake set up do help.

Reckon that's my main issue, with shoe slippage [on an old pair of DC Shoes]. Was wondering if the more specific brands of shoes [FiveTens for example] hang on even in the wet?? S'pose I should really buy a decent pair of shin guards and pedal slippage be damned!!

Thanks again, David.