New Build Parts Advise Needed

scotty007

So guys need some advice on a new frame and parts for my new ride. after looking on tarty i quite like the look of the Zoo Piranha

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...;category_id=14 . Has any one had any feed back from this nice looking frame that i should look out for before i spend my hard earned cash . As for parts im gonna stick with echo urban forks, echo cnc brakes, echo sl freewheel and so on . One thing im not so sure about is my crank chioce its the tensile UCI urban legand from tartys i havent heard to much said about these cranks on the forum.

if anyone could advise me on my choice of parts and the frame this would help no end thanks guys !

If it's reliability you want, i'd avoid Echo brakes and Echo freewheels. The frame will be fine if you're smooth and don't give it dents in return. The forks are proven so you'll be fine there.

I'd take Magura and Eno for the other bits. They sure as hell know what they're doing when it comes to brakes and freewheels. ;)

I have an Echo SL freewheel and have had it for about a month now.

So far it has only skipped twice but thats because my chain was stupidly loose.

I think they seem ok.

ive got a tensile 96 engagement freewheel had it for 2 month now not skipped once i prefer tensile but only the new 96 ones

The Zoo frame should be pretty good, as for the other parts you have suggested the only ones that I would suggest to avoid woiuld be the echo brakes, I have known alot to leak. The new freewheels are very good! As for cranks, the tensiles have abit of a tendancy to snap, if you want to save abit of cash go for the trialtech forged, if not, the Rockman or try-all cranks are a pretty safe bet......

Adam

I have that frame and i love it. It is really strong i would say get one money well spent mate. (Y)

thanks for all the feed back on the post guys much appreciated. think I'm definitely sticking with the frame choice that i had in mind for this build. The echo brakes look pimp but disappointed with the feedback on those guess IL search through tarty again and see whats what on the brake front. i run the old school Maggie's at the moment and never had any trouble with them so might stick with them but the newer version as they are tryed and tested brakes. As for the freewheel il stick with it unless anyone else has had a bad experience with it not a bad price to be far so cant be to shabby. I'm not liking the rockman crank arms to much but i will review my choice maybe looking into saving that extra bit more cash for some middle burn rs7 .

One more little question though people WHEELS my choice on them are the the echo tr front and rear are these better and stronger than the try all wheels, as iv heard that the try all are a definitely a no go area. Thanks again 007

Hey me again i am also geting new brakes but im keeping the magura pistons i would advise you keep them aswell. I am also getting the echo brake levers and the echo wheels are ok i havent had any problems with them but i am going to upgrade to trialtec wheels soon so good luck with the build when you have compleated it post pics mate :)

Edited by push.the.button

The Zoo frame should be pretty good, as for the other parts you have suggested the only ones that I would suggest to avoid woiuld be the echo brakes, I have known alot to leak. The new freewheels are very good! As for cranks, the tensiles have abit of a tendancy to snap, if you want to save abit of cash go for the trialtech forged, if not, the Rockman or try-all cranks are a pretty safe bet......

Adam

hi adam my name is ollie i have been told to talk to you by alex dark and james etc as im fairly new do you have any maggie pads for sale and forks?

hi adam my name is ollie i have been told to talk to you by alex dark and james etc as im fairly new do you have any maggie pads for sale and forks?

echo cnc brakes in green orderd. And if that was me id be sending the echo sl brakes that you spoke about straight back to the shop that aint right havin to bleed every other day .Try and get some pics up of the bike when its all up and running. And one last thing no buying or selling in NMC . but thanks for the feed back guys and girls ?