Escape & Evade! Let's Get Outta Here

Phatmike

Hey guys,

I'm taking part in escape and evade this Friday, with the aim to get to Jerusalem. (Tel Aviv is as far as easyjet fly, and hopefully we'll find a kind Israli to take us from there!)

It's for a great cause - Help the Aged, who've helped many people I know, and are a superb charity.

http://www.justgiving.com/MikeySingletonIsOuttaHere

Please give whatever you can, and follow me on facebook!

Mikey. :)

Bad news everyone!

It looks like our aim of Jerusalem has been shattered - simply not possible. :(

We are however going to Marrakech :D Huge thanks are gonna be going to the MD of Easyjet..

Thanks everyone who's donated so far (why not post in here as well as let me know personally..). Remember the donations don't go into our pockets to fund the trip, they go directly to the charity.

Mike.

Remember the donations don't go into our pockets to fund the trip, they go directly to the charity.

But I'm guessing you're not funding your trip yourself though...

Huge thanks are gonna be going to the MD of Easyjet..

What exactly are you sacrificing for this cause exactly? Looks like a free ride for you from my perspective.

Reminds me of those people that go skydiving or climb the Andes and visit the Incan ruins 'for charity'. <_<

What exactly are you sacrificing for this cause exactly? Looks like a free ride for you from my perspective.

Reminds me of those people that go skydiving or climb the Andes and visit the Incan ruins 'for charity'. <_<

Why such negativity? I think it's great. Not everyone has the commitment to get up and go spontaneously to places, let alone for a good cause. Reference the skydiving comment I knew someone who did one for charity, she was absolutely terrified and would never have done it for any other reason. I believe she raised over £400.00 to a charity which was a great achievement. So what she got a skydive? So what Mikes getting a trip? at the end of the day it's for a good cause. Would you rather people come knocking on the door asking for money or calling one of them phone lines to donate a couple of quid? Or would you prefer people to be doing stuff like this, London Marathons, Triathlons, skydiving etc etc to show how fun it can be to donate and give something back to people in need? thus more of us everyday folk getting involved!

Noone is. :)

We've got to do the trip for £0. So hitchhike, free train travel, and in our case, free tickets from some lovely people at Easyjet!

I get what you mean about people going on £600 holidays providing they raise say £700, with the costs coming out of that, however it's still a win-win situation. The charity gets money it wouldn't otherwise have, the people taking part get to go on an amazing trip (for free), and have the knowledge they're doing something good for the world (and I hope would donate money themselves too), and the sponsors also get the chance to actively contribute - which they might not do otherwise.