Need Some One Who Knows A Lot About Printers

mr_malcolm

Hi guys were having troubles with one of the printers in our office, its a Samsung ML-1510 laser printer. We have tried pretty much everything we can think of so far.

Basicaly the issue is. It will print but only about half the page then it just fades of, It has a brand new cartridge in there.

If any one has any ideas please please put them this way.

Regards

I'm not 100% sure, but usually these Samsung printers have a compartment for dust collection - these needs to be emptied to maintain peak print quality; on the samsung we had here, we had to empty it every few weeks. Be careful, it does get EVERYWHERE.

1. Is this a colour or monotone printer? Does it fade with a particular colour/tone of black?

2. Have you tried altering the quality settings to see if this makes a difference?

3. Are you using geniune Samsung toner? People often buy cheap and they get cheap. This could be a faulty cartridge.

4. How old is it and what sort of quantities are you printing? Samsung printers don't have the best shelflife.

5. Have you tried cleaning the internals of the printer? Only clean what you can access without tools. Opening case usually void any warranty and they can be a b*****d to get back in one peice again.

6. Does anything happen during the print process? Quicker/Slower than usual or the same?

7. Print a page with a black bar down the page; does the sheet feel warm/hot when printed?

Also, have you tried printing on a different brand/type of paper?

I'm not 100% sure, but usually these Samsung printers have a compartment for dust collection - these needs to be emptied to maintain peak print quality; on the samsung we had here, we had to empty it every few weeks. Be careful, it does get EVERYWHERE.

1. Is this a colour or monotone printer? Does it fade with a particular colour/tone of black?

2. Have you tried altering the quality settings to see if this makes a difference?

3. Are you using geniune Samsung toner? People often buy cheap and they get cheap. This could be a faulty cartridge.

4. How old is it and what sort of quantities are you printing? Samsung printers don't have the best shelflife.

5. Have you tried cleaning the internals of the printer? Only clean what you can access without tools. Opening case usually void any warranty and they can be a b*****d to get back in one peice again.

6. Does anything happen during the print process? Quicker/Slower than usual or the same?

7. Print a page with a black bar down the page; does the sheet feel warm/hot when printed?

Also, have you tried printing on a different brand/type of paper?

1. Monotone, fades wasnt the best choice of words but all i could think off. Its about a 3rd into the page and its partial print then prints ok for the rest of the page.

2. yeh tried that no difference.

3. yeah genuine cartridges.

4. 2/3 years old, used mostly for lable printing about 10-15 a day.

5. currently doing this as we speak.

6. nothing un-usual same as normall.

7. the paper feels warm like normall when printing.

Where abouts is this dust collection part you mentioned, not sure if ours has one dont think it does but il check any way.

Cheers

3. yeah genuine cartridges.

Good good, did it happen when you changed the cartridge over or beforehand?

4. 2/3 years old, used mostly for lable printing about 10-15 a day.

Hmmm, prints are a nightmare to troubleshoot unless you have a warranty for replacement. Of course Samsung will take it off your hands and fix it for an unfair price (if its out of warranty, which I'm sure it will be)...but in that case it'd probably better to buy another high quality printer.

7. the paper feels warm like normall when printing.

This means that the fuser is working as it should - so I'd say this problem would be related to the drum. The drum is what the whole toner cartridge/rollers connect to - and if you have an emptying tray, it'll more than likely be connected to this.

If its the drum that has gone, you may aswell purchase a new printer (due to the age) or a replacement drum from the Samsung Spares Dept or perhaps PartMaster

It was doing it before changing cartridges, we have tried a brand new one out the packet and an older one with ink in it from one of the other printers with exactly the same results.

Took the casing off and gave it a complete clean up inside, still happening. We are now assuming it could well be the drum :(

Guess its time to order / go and buy a new printer then.

Thanks for your help Anzo

No problem :)

Just remember, you get what you pay for, especially with printers.

The amount of times people have ventured out of here with £40 petty cash and returned with a printer and change - only to go out again a month later to buy something else.

I'd recomment the HP Laserjet range - we have several here printing out reports, orders and invoices pretty much constantly for 9 hours a day; they're a few years old and still going strong!

I'd recomment the HP Laserjet range - we have several here printing out reports, orders and invoices pretty much constantly for 9 hours a day; they're a few years old and still going strong!

Likewise, our office only use them - really reliable machines!

Only had one breakdown, that was 8 years old and constantly raped all day!!

We have the most overkill printers ever in our office. I think the OCE sales man must have taken one of our managers to a titty bar. I mean our main B&W one is a good 6-7ft long for an office of ~40ish people that prints 30 copies a day.

Sorry i can't be of any assistance i just felt the need to post.

We have the most overkill printers ever in our office. I think the OCE sales man must have taken one of our managers to a titty bar. I mean our main B&W one is a good 6-7ft long for an office of ~40ish people that prints 30 copies a day.

Sorry i can't be of any assistance i just felt the need to post.

Blimey, could you get a photo of that? I'm pretty curious haha.