Need Some Sites For Laptops And Also What Are The Good Ones At The Mom

Jack Morton

I'm getting a laptop for Christmas but there is so many out there I don't which are the good ones. My price limit is £459.99

Also if anyone has and sites which deal in just laptops they would be helpful

I like this HP Pavilion on amazon HP ..

Are HP a good brand ?

Edited by Jack Morton

I've had a dell laptop... £400 one too, for 3 years without a single problem

just make sure, as with any laptop/computer, you keep it clean, with like CCleaner or something similar to get rid of cookies, and delete files you don't need or it'll rum slow as fook.

xxx

I've got a dell that's about 4 years old now, recently upgraded it to 2gb of ram and its absolutely shit hot.

I'd avoid Dell, I just don't like them because of their marketing technique. They promote more the 'uniqueness' of the laptop (colour or some stupid pattern) more than the actual spec of the computer. The laptop there looks good, but for that money I'm sure you could pick up something better spec'd.

I tend to avoid Ebay for laptops...although he has 100% feedback as a powerseller, I just prefer to buy laptops from a reputable company...someone with a 'face' as such. Ebay is too annoymous for that kinda money.

Wait till after, sales, new kit on sale etc

Best post here. Wait until the sales in January...massive discounts on both highstreet and online - you'll save a fortune.

Yeah, peole can slag off dell as much as they like but mines beast..

Linked it up to my TV and the lot.. haha

You'll find you can hook almost any laptop up to a TV...it's called VGA, DVi, HDMI or whatever wonderful port you're using to connect it, its a techonology thats been about for as long as there has been CRT, LCD and all them lot :)

I suppose the most important thing to ask is, what are you looking to use it for? Gaming, Internet, Studies? Different specs for different needs - £450 will get you a decent spec; but if you're looking to use it as a gaming machine, you probably need to widen your budget.