74 Kingz Tensioners

Adam Griffiths

6" stainless steel ruler, cut it to size, drill the sppropriate size holes and you're sorted, stronger than the originals and can tube to the length you require. I use one, made one up for Luke Rainbird and he uses it and i beleive Rowan Johns uses one... no issues at all.

Edited by craigjames

does anybody know where i can buy a spring for one of these tensioners from as tarty have sold out?

Hiya, I had the same problem with mine. I used a bi-metal hacksaw blade to sort mine out and it works a treat now. If you want to see it i'll put a pic up for you.

6" stainless steel ruler, cut it to size, drill the sppropriate size holes and you're sorted, stronger than the originals and can tube to the length you require. I use one, made one up for Luke Rainbird and he uses it and i beleive Rowan Johns uses one... no issues at all.

This idea works.

Hiya, I had the same problem with mine. I used a bi-metal hacksaw blade to sort mine out and it works a treat now. If you want to see it i'll put a pic up for you.

This works for a very short while, so shhh.

This idea works.

This works for a very short while, so shhh.

Mine's worked for ages no probs. I used 3 pieces of blade (2 as springs,1 as extra support for the springs.It's pretty much the same set up as a leaf spring on a landrover only a bit smaller). It works as well as the original and is probably lighter than the steel rule idea. Any metal with a bit of spring in it will do i think.