Sidehops

Mikey-uk

Right guys, recently started learning to sidehop... I fail hardcore to be honest. Instead of going sideways I go backwards diagonal and land so vertical on rear wheel that it aparently looks like I'm riding a unicycle from behind.... Anyway, can anyone help explain whats going wrong?

Also, I move like 12" from the original position but get f**k all height.

Right guys, recently started learning to sidehop... I fail hardcore to be honest. Instead of going sideways I go backwards diagonal and land so vertical on rear wheel that it aparently looks like I'm riding a unicycle from behind.... Anyway, can anyone help explain whats going wrong?

Also, I move like 12" from the original position but get f**k all height.

Shoot your body upwards instead of backwards. That's what I did wrong at least.

Since this thread is kind of fresh, I'll post here. My question is, when you sidehop to rear, how to make your body twist to the side and not just go up? Because right now more or less when I do sidehops to rear I can't twist my body to the side im hopping. I'm just hoping up and setting tyre on the obstacle. Don't know how to really explain it. :$ But if anyone understood what I meant and got some key points to making decent sidehops to rear, please share them. :ermm:

I didnt realise I had to kick and releast brake :P I can now get better height but only half the time does the rear wheel sit at the same height when at the peak of the hop. The other half the front end is nearly vertical xD

Guess practice makes perfect to be honest.