I Need To Be Told

MikeCottTrials

A second hand zoot,

a lot of luck and a ciguena,

a risk and a kabra, which isn't out yet,

or a shitload of persuasion and patience, and a limey 24". Emphasis on shitload.

I'd like to add, the top two are the only two to exist and be possible to buy, but they are also not really TGS frames.

Edited by Revolver

anyone have an idea how far off the limey 24" is?

I didn't realise it was this slim on the ground. Looking on Tartybikes at the 24" page is like travelling back in time, loads of seats and dead geo.

I know the market for street riding is the big thing at the moment but it just doesn't take my fancy in any way

I know there's a lot of threads around this subject but I want a tgs 24"

not a Marino, I don't want steel etc

what are my options?

if you can hold on i've got a zoot (well most of a zoot!) going spare. pm me if you're interested. not got any photos now as i'm not at home for another week or so.

Thanks

Adam

anyone have an idea how far off the limey 24" is?

The thing with the limey 24" is that Onza aren't even sure if they want to make it at all yet.

:(

Even if they make a proto, I'll have it! I'd test one out too, lol. That way they'd get the opinion of someone who only rides 24", rather than a 20" or 26" rider who would be comparing it to either of those.

if you can hold on i've got a zoot (well most of a zoot!) going spare. pm me if you're interested. not got any photos now as i'm not at home for another week or so.

Thanks

Adam

If I remember correctly doesn't the Zoot have very similar geo to an inspired? That's not really what I want I'm afraid

The thing with the limey 24" is that Onza aren't even sure if they want to make it at all yet.

:(

Even if they make a proto, I'll have it! I'd test one out too, lol. That way they'd get the opinion of someone who only rides 24", rather than a 20" or 26" rider who would be comparing it to either of those.

awwww :( that really wasn't the awesome news I hoped for.

I know what you mean though, send the proto's our way ;)

Reason I want one is I'm sick of mod riding but I've never really been in love with stock so obviously...

If I remember correctly doesn't the Zoot have very similar geo to an inspired? That's not really what I want I'm afraid

no worries

awwww :( that really wasn't the awesome news I hoped for.

I know what you mean though, send the proto's our way ;)

Reason I want one is I'm sick of mod riding but I've never really been in love with stock so obviously...

Yeah, the zoot is something like 5mm CS off the inspired, and that's the only difference AFAIK.

I agree with this other thing too, I think that's why I changed up, but I've been doing 24" for a year now, or something like that, lol.

Check out the Kabra - http://www.tribalzine.com/?Juanda-s-Kabra-24&lang=fr.

There is a geo floating around somewhere. I'm interested, but I dunno if it will be a little too different for me. We shall see.

Thankfully it also promises to be pretty light, which I'm interested in.

A bit of a scale thing, the inspired/zoot have +35mm BB which is equal to that of +10 on a stock. The Kabra has +60, which is equal to somewhere around +25, which sounds not too bad at all.

That does look promising, I personally think 1060 is a bit long though.

I know it's not like super long but I think the whole point of making it 24" is lost a little there

I always think the best bikes are the ones that easiest to move around, not just the one that feels the nicest on back wheel etc

I want a 1040-50 wb tgs frame!

I think I'm going to have to consider marino :S

That does look promising, I personally think 1060 is a bit long though.

I know it's not like super long but I think the whole point of making it 24" is lost a little there

I always think the best bikes are the ones that easiest to move around, not just the one that feels the nicest on back wheel etc

I want a 1040-50 wb tgs frame!

I think I'm going to have to consider marino :S

You do realise that at 1060 with a slack head angle and high BB, that bike will actually feel shorter than an Inspired? And there are 3 Deng 24" frames all with low standover and 1040-1050mm wheelbase. If you don't like the seat you could always cut down the tube, or fit a mini seat which sits flush and won't get in the way much. My Leeson below was about 1040 and had plenty of clearance with that mini seat, and was surprisngly good for power moves. I did a gap about 8'3" on it that I haven't made on any long 26" since. It hooked and sidehopped great, only thing it wasn't good for was taps. But unless you want 1070+ with a medium BB height and slack head angle, a 24" is never gonna be great for taps. Not that it matters anyway because bunnyhops pop easier than 26".

post-18-1262116280_thumb.jpg

Doh, I made a typo.

It's my worry too, but also because there's no similar frames, you can't ride a similar bike to feel a similar geo. It's all or nothing, lol.

Buying a Kabra for me could be risky, it could be too much of a change and I could hate it, but I could like it even more. Such a risk! I've got to ride my zoot and seriously think if the change would make positive difference. Same with you, I guess.

A second hand zoot,

a lot of luck and a ciguena,

a risk and a kabra, which isn't out yet,

or a shitload of persuasion and patience, and a limey 24". Emphasis on shitload.

I'd like to add, the top two are the only two to exist and be possible to buy, but they are also not really TGS frames.

Haha, your knowledge is impeckable. (Is that even a word?)

If you're looking for a 24 TGS frame, wait until next summer, you'll have plenty to choose from. ;)

Yeah, the zoot is something like 5mm CS off the inspired, and that's the only difference AFAIK.

I agree with this other thing too, I think that's why I changed up, but I've been doing 24" for a year now, or something like that, lol.

Check out the Kabra - http://www.tribalzine.com/?Juanda-s-Kabra-24&lang=fr.

There is a geo floating around somewhere. I'm interested, but I dunno if it will be a little too different for me. We shall see.

Thankfully it also promises to be pretty light, which I'm interested in.

A bit of a scale thing, the inspired/zoot have +35mm BB which is equal to that of +10 on a stock. The Kabra has +60, which is equal to somewhere around +25, which sounds not too bad at all.

This bit makes no sense to me, please explain.

This bit makes no sense to me, please explain.

It's something to do with wheelsize and setup.

The BB height on a zoot is +35mm, and to compare that to a stock you'd be looking at frames that have +10mm BB rise to feel the same.

Thus, if the kabra has an extra +25mm BB rise, then it either has the BB rise feel of a stock with +25, or +35, dependng on whether or not the calculation is a proportion, or whether you just take 15mm from the 24" bb rise to calculate it.

It helps because there's not a large amount of 24" frames, so you can't go and ride any other BB height 24"s to see what the difference is. You can see that the Kabra (WHICH IS OUT 1st FEBRUARY) has +60 bb, but if you look at that from a mod perspective that's ordinary, and from a stock, that's huuuuge, but because it's neither, if you make the calculation you can whether it's high or ordinary by comparing it to a stock.

(Y)

Ah, I see.

I too would love to see a more trialsy/tgs 24" bike.

Ideal for shortass circus clowns like myself.

Didn't really want to go mod but not too pissed off about it but would have been happier 24"

On a note from the various threads on this topic.

I would base my new 24" trialsy/tgs frame around the skull rather than the limey 3.

The BB height on a zoot is +35mm, and to compare that to a stock you'd be looking at frames that have +10mm BB rise to feel the same.

Thus, if the kabra has an extra +25mm BB rise, then it either has the BB rise feel of a stock with +25, or +35, dependng on whether or not the calculation is a proportion, or whether you just take 15mm from the 24" bb rise to calculate it.

I think that might of confused people? Certainly made no sense to me, 1"=25mm not 15 if thats what you meant? I get the point you're trying to make, but I think there are more factors involved. From my experience 24" bikes ride a lot more like stocks than mods, and I think anymore than 40-50mm BB rise would start to make it feel gash like high BB stocks. Hopefully will be a few frames out by summer to try anyway.