Comparing: Onza T-pro Or Onza Rip What Do You Think?

The Pro is better by far, it just depends if you want to spend that much more money.

The pro is a great bike for upgrading too where the rip in't very compatible due to it having a 20" rear wheel, (the pro and nearly all other 20" trials bikes have 19" rear wheels).

(Y)

I think the t pro s better... such a good starter bike, strong, light for some one new to the sport (think if you start heavy then you get more power as you get a lighter bike (Y) ) and you can pick them up for very reasonable price.

I do beleive more then 50% off the users on here have atleast had a t pro...

I agree with smurf, i ride with him so i had a ride on his old rip , it really doesnt feel like it could get up a curb.

Also one major thing is it is fairly hard to upgrade as it's a 20" rear wheel and therefore is you put a 19" in the brake mounts ar ein the complete wrong place.

T-pro for sure.

I think the t pro s better... such a good starter bike, strong, light for some one new to the sport (think if you start heavy then you get more power as you get a lighter bike (Y) ) and you can pick them up for very reasonable price.

I do beleive more then 50% off the users on here have atleast had a t pro...

Its light in general, people assume because it says Onza on it its a tank.

There great i refuse to ride any mod that isn't a t-pro.

I'm sure many people on the forum will agree BJH??? that there amazing.

Although mine is far from standard. (And for sale.)

does the onza comp have a 19" back wheel and magura breaks usualy

yeah, either of the t-comp or t-pro are awsome to ride on, i have been riding for 2 years and have had quite alot of frames due to cracking and snapping them, however i picked up a t-pro may time last year and it lasted untill november/december time and i wouldnt say my riding is small. You can also upgrade on a t-pro frame because of the 19" wheel size etc. Really is a great frame!

yeah, either of the t-comp or t-pro are awsome to ride on, i have been riding for 2 years and have had quite alot of frames due to cracking and snapping them, however i picked up a t-pro may time last year and it lasted untill november/december time and i wouldnt say my riding is small. You can also upgrade on a t-pro frame because of the 19" wheel size etc. Really is a great frame!

ive seen a onza bird for sale are they not as good as pros ?

As you can tell by the name i have a t-pro there well good, light, really good geometry, strong, decent brake setup provided you get maggies, but i beleive it has only got maggie 'clamps' on the frame, and now im on a 26" but want to get my t-pro back to rideable condition because its that good, only bad thing is the frame flexes quite a bit so i sugest getting a brake booster, but yea a really good starter bike and you get decent onza shin dig pedals provided you get the flats with it!

Edited by T-Proboy13

As you can tell by the name i have a t-pro there well good, light, really good geometry, strong, decent brake setup provided you get maggies, but i beleive it has only got maggie 'clamps' on the frame, and now im on a 26" but want to get my t-pro back to rideable condition because its that good, only bad thing is the frame flexes quite a bit so i sugest getting a brake booster, but yea a really good starter bike and you get decent onza shin dig pedals provided you get the flats with it!

what do break boosters do and how do i know if the tpro has one

because the hydraulic brake (maggie) has such power it can bend the frame therefore releasing all the potential from actually braking effectively (i think?). I got a booster from tarty bikes for crimbo, before i couldn't hold up on the edge off this wall on my rear tyre and brake alone, but now i can, beacause the frame doesn't bend as much <-- just to give you a perspective. This was on my 26" and i must admit i haven't got one for my t-pro and it's seemed to do fine, however i was slipping off stuff because of the frame flex so i do suggest in getting one and i would think most peole on here would. Fairly easy to find on tarty bikes (http://tartybikes.co.uk/index.html) just underneath 'brakes' down the menu on the left hand side. You can get two types for maggie 2-bolt and 4-bolt, but dont know what the reasoning is behind that, strength i think (Y)

and if your bying from shop or not id ask just to be safe

• 2 weeks later...

to be honest i had a t-pro and it rode so well and the frames can take some massive beat in's my friend still rides a t-pro and he kick ups on to bash on big walls and lands really hard and he hasn't cracked his frame either. here is a link to ssome magura brake pads mate.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/search.php?category_id=4

to be honest i had a t-pro and it rode so well and the frames can take some massive beat in's my friend still rides a t-pro and he kick ups on to bash on big walls and lands really hard and he hasn't cracked his frame either. here is a link to ssome magura brake pads mate.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/search.php?category_id=4

wich do you think are the est magura pads