Echo Rear Rim 47mm On A Zebdi?

Rusty190

I have Echo cnc rim brakes. :S

What width are the lugs apart? I have a base ta26 similar kind of old frame style ( 85mm width), I have to use an echo on mine with a 47mm rim, but you've got use old worn pads or painfully (and wastefully) cut your pads down, I also had to use the Magura mounts with the Metal lug with the taper that goes into the mount and rests against the frame and not the plastic one which connects to the mount on the little zig zag attachment, other wise the plastic lugs at the position to give the most width of the mount will rub on your tire! I used a hope Trials disc for a while but was worried that going backwards and locking the brake to half cab round could rip my drop out off, so I changed round again

Edited by japslap

japslap and Matt, thank you guys! Im not sure what lugs are. Im planning to buy a Zebdi, but I don´t know the width, yet.

However, My 47mm rim is in bad shape. It just crossed my mind that I have to replace it anyway!

Maybe a 40mm front rim will be good for rearwheel?

Tarty

I think this is the old style Magura Evolution Adaptor. Will this be good?

291.jpg

Edited by Rusty190

Unless it's a beasty front-rim/you're astronomically smooth, youll likely kill it pretty quick.

Good rear rims are double-walled, for extra strength. Front wheels don't (or at least SHOULDN'T :P) take as much of a beating, so can be weaker to save weight.

Unless it's a beasty front-rim/you're astronomically smooth, youll likely kill it pretty quick.

Good rear rims are double-walled, for extra strength. Front wheels don't (or at least SHOULDN'T :P) take as much of a beating, so can be weaker to save weight.

+1

Yes those mounts are good on a planet x as long as you use a booster

Edited by Matt Vandart

japslap and Matt, thank you guys! Im not sure what lugs are. Im planning to buy a Zebdi, but I don´t know the width, yet.

However, My 47mm rim is in bad shape. It just crossed my mind that I have to replace it anyway!

Maybe a 40mm front rim will be good for rearwheel?

Tarty

I think this is the old style Magura Evolution Adaptor. Will this be good?

291.jpg

That was the one I couldn't use as the lugs that press against the frame are a bit fatter than the others, So if I had used those with my 47mm rim on by frame that had 85mm width between the lugs it wouldn't do unless I put a thin tire on, even a Maxis Larson tire which was a 2.3 tire rubbed on it. Yea you could replace with a thinner rear rim, I was looking on Tarty the other day they don't have much there's a Alex rim but it's more traditional style rim with on holes etc, Onza did quite a thin rear called a ronnie at 39mm but haven't seen any in a while.

Edited by japslap

the Echo front rim 40mm which I linked is double walled and seems to be alright using at rear.

japslap: If I understand you correct, width on tyre is also important to consider in this case? Do you think the Echo Front rim 40mm + Big Betty 2.4 will do fine?

Thanks

the Echo front rim 40mm which I linked is double walled and seems to be alright using at rear.

japslap: If I understand you correct, width on tyre is also important to consider in this case? Do you think the Echo Front rim 40mm + Big Betty 2.4 will do fine?

Thanks

I'm not sure on what size of tyre will fit on that exact frame, it was just that on my frame when I used those magura mounts at first the lugs rubbed on the tire because I had to set them at right angles because of the wide rim also I find sometimes that using a wide rim can plump a tire out a bit more than it would on a thinner rim as it has a wider base, but if your going to use a 40mm rim with a 2.4 tire it should be OK and the magura mounts should be OK as you won't need to set them as wide so the lugs that rest against the frame won't need to be a such a wide adjustment, good luck man everything set to work out OK,

Also that rim you linked will be fine for a rear, it says it the additional information on the page.

Edited by japslap

Thanks

I run a front echo 40mm on the rear of my Coustellier....best rim I've run so far ( try-all 47mm, echo 07 47mm, mission 42mm )

Do it (Y) !