My New Second-hand Inspired ;-)

halaburt

...and has it always had echo forks on it??...

Photos of his "blue bike" from the period the video was presumably being made -- and the April '09 video itself seem to show the bike with either the silver Echo or a (what I assume is prototype) Inspired fork in white. Obviously a lot of components were changed on/off the bike in that period and perhaps subsequently. Some things like the mixed black/silver Middleburns, Thomson stem, Diabolus bars and blue Hope hubs seem pretty consistent. The decal positions and some of the scratches/gouges in the frame I have also seem consistent with what I see in those photos and the video.

Here's a pic from Facebook labeled as coming from a "01-03-09 London Ride". Although it has the Inspired fork on it, just about everything else looks like the bike I now have.

n526785126_2195622_1181567.jpg

There are some photos of Danny in Flickr on what appears to me to be a newer and different blue Fourplay (fewer dings/scratches and decals placed differently) in about May 2009. It has some of the green Hope stuff (headset, stem, hubs) and the orange Race Face cranks.

can you get more pics of that stupidly large rotor? I've always wondered about that thing. Looks like it could be a saw blade or something.

It's a 203mm Hope (I think) rotor. It looks similar to their current "Saw" models, but the pad contact area is a more conventional, non-"serrated" design with 3 rows of simple round holes. It uses the Hope HBIS20 adapter to get the caliper spaced out to the proper position for a 203mm rotor.

web.jpg

It's a 203mm Hope (I think) rotor. It looks similar to their current "Saw" models, but the pad contact area is a more conventional, non-"serrated" design with 3 rows of simple round holes. It uses the Hope HBIS20 adapter to get the caliper spaced out to the proper position for a 203mm rotor.

thanks for the info, that rotor's always been the main thing that caught my eye on his bike. I need to get me one.

but if you dont run with one and your on a ride, if it comes loose and you run a hydraulic disc you wont be able to tighten it up :S .

If i had this idea in mind i would just run one of these http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...;category_id=57

The best idea for this would be to get an ordinary top-cap, and cut a slot in it. Then there'd be room for the cable.

Once you've done up the clamp bolts on your stem then the top cap does practically nothing anyway. You can tighten with the top cap, do up the stem and remove it for running cables. Easier to fit a hose through if you tighten with a headlock and remove it I'd imagine since there's no star nut in the way. Hollow bolts give the best of both worlds though (Y)

...btw how heavy is it? his setup seems more to the weighty side but doesnt seem to bother him al at all

I should have weighed it when unpacking it but forgot to. It's not particularly light. About the only part of the bike that shows any concern at all for weight is the seat post, which was trimmed down to minimal length. Everything else appears to be all about strength/durability. I'd say it's slightly (maybe 1 pound?) heavier than my green Inspired.

web.jpg

looks great! have you even riden it a little?! the front end looks a little different to your green one...wondered if it made a difference

i saw his current bike yesterday, and just made me look at my inspired and wonder how to make it nicer! looks amazing

remember, its not just the bike that made him 'famous'...its the bike that brought 'trials' to the uneducated masses, where things go from here i dont know...but it would be good to think its the beginning of something

Edited by chris4stars

did danny run it with odd brake pads? and has it always had echo forks on it??

it's a cool bike to have, but to be honest, if i was danny i would of wanted to keep it as 'the bike from that film that got me famous' kinda thing, i'm sure in the future he'd be interested in buying it back...

hell, i'd like my old t-pro back for sentimental value and all that bike did was waste my youth :lol:

Danny's sound as hell so I'd imagine he'd just be happy to use his sudden fame to help out some kids who need helping out. A couple of grand is enough to make a pretty big difference to a fair few people.