Cancelling Xbox Live

MikeCottTrials

Had an automated renewal email from Xbox live saying they where about to help £40 leave my pocket :o

Straight on the xbox to delete my cards etc, only to find you can't remove your card details from your xbox.

Further more you can't even manage your account in any way from your xbox (except naturally to buy more stuff)

The cheeky bastards!

On to the xbox website where it says you CAN manage your account. Total hood wink bollocks

The only account management you can do on the website is aesthetics for the main page...

On to the contact us page.

THERE IS NOTHING ANYWHERE ON THE SITE EVEN SO MUCH AS MENTIONING CANCELLATION

Got a number to ring which takes me to the most annoying American accented machine I've ever

had the pleasure of running my mind past, however after a while it did lead me in the right direction :o

Only to hang up on me...

After a couple more attempts I got through to a lady of ethnic origins I cannot pin point.

In a very difficult to understand manner she kept asking me why I was ringing, then offered me every other

type of membership under the sun for Xbox live.

She then asked me why I was cancelling :| so we had to go through the whole issue of currency changing hands which

most likely doesn't occur in her post apocalyptic waste land.

in summary, if you want Xbox live go to a shop and buy the voucher.

I didnt realise it was automatic to start with, paid on my credit card, later on that year some-one decided to steal my detials... some how never use that card ever.. got it cancled and a new card issued. Then sold my xbox and when time for renual came recieved a million emails saying they couldnt take payment because the card was cancled. Good job really as 1. didnt have the cash to pay them and 2. wouldnt be using xbox live anymore without an xbox...!

Im pretty sure you can delite card details from there im pretty certain i done it with one of my older cards, and also does it not give you the option to go down to a silver member where you dont pay for it? Because again im pretty sure that option is in account management somewhere ten when you want to pay for it again go back up to gold.

I dont understand why people buy 12 months for 40 quid, and then get charged again after that year when i got 13 months voucher for 23 quid on ebay lmao.

Yeah I only found out about that after I'd paid :(

Thinking about buying one right now though, when there's nothing to do xbox live is slightly awesome

I had no end of shit trying to cancel Live, the worst part being I'd bought one month on mine and my mates accounts and they were taking it every month from my bank for both accounts! I had to phone the same American voiced hotline to speak to ethnic woman, which was a real effort trying to understand each other... Got there in the end. I will never buy Live again.

It's well known for being a tremendous ballache to cancel ;)

Edited by Jolfa