Echo Tr Bleed - Spongey?!

Ollied

Just bled my echo TR with water and anti freeze, coming from an oil bleed. I flushed the system out by just running water through it 3 times, but now the brake it really really spongey, it has grip, like the pads will hit the rim but not enough to hold me for long enough..

could possibly be using my bleed kit wrong, i don't think its leaking anywhere either..

Cheers,

Ollied.

Had the bike on a prepstand, undid both bleed bolts, flushed it out. Had the lever vertical upwards, so the bleed hole was at the highest point. attatched syringe to slave, pushed fluid through let loads of it pour out the top bleed hole. Then stopepd pushing, put the bleedbolt on. took syringe bit off. put bleed bolt in..

humor me and try it! I always bled my 04 like this. And when i got my 05 it took 7 bleeds before i realised what i was doing wrong. Lean the bike over you tart!

But if air rises upwards.. right fine, i'll try it, can i have a better description pleasee :):)?

lay the bike over to the lever side. So in your case to the left.

loosen the lever clamp so it is free to move.

Attach syringe at slaves.

Undo lever bleed hole.

Pump almost the whole contents of the syringe through.

Keep slight pressure on the syringe, then do lever bleed bolt up. Then remove syringe, do up slave bleed bolt. Oh, and ensure your tpa is fully undone before the bleed :)

There is probably air in your brake. You won't need anti freeze any more anyway. It won't fall below -1 again until next winter. Take your brake off and bleed it in the bath. Do a search on here for bath bleed and follow the video.

EDIT: you can even wang some anti freeze in the bath if you are that worried

Edited by max-t