Brake Converters

you would have to be mad to put maggies on your bike when you have vee posts!

If you get a good quality vee brake (anything by avid or shimano) and some good cable (bmx slic ones are pretty good) and some good pads (TNN) then your brake will be powerful, light, easy to pull, easy to maintain and low profile.

If you get a good quality vee brake (anything by avid or shimano) and some good cable (bmx slic ones are pretty good) and some good pads (TNN or Heatsink) then your brake will be powerful, light, easy to pull, easy to maintain and low profile.

+1, a good lever always makes a vee feel better too.

Heres a good example of a non-exspensive, but good vee.

Shimano Acera arms, £12 - link.

200_acerav.jpg

Avid SD7 lever, £11 - link.

200_sd7lever.jpg

Heatsink CNC'd vee pads (Get the 'snowys' - the white material), £19 - link.

vtwosmall1.jpg

Odyssey Slic brake cable, £3 - link.

Odyssey%20Slic%20Cable%20(1).jpg

And that excellant vee brake comes too £45 without post and packaging.

EDIT: Now think about what you get with a Magura, for £70 you still only get standard black pads that are useless in trials! Soby going with the vee for £25 less you'll be getting a much better brake (providing you know how to set up a vee brake well! If not just bring it to your local bike shop)

Edited by cai

I know that a lot of people get good results with the Evolution adapters, but I never liked them. I found that the calipers would often move slightly after hard riding and they're also way more flexible than the 4 bolt mounts.

If the cost of discs is putting you off, go for a decent V setup as the others have mentioned. I've always preferred the Avid levers over anything Shimano.

Edited by konstant

yea of course it's possible, i think i've seent them for sale on www.chainreactioncycles.com, and if there is an car mechanics near you they should have a welder, i reckon they'd do it for

a price /\

Magura Braze on Kit 4-Bolt From <-- googe that and look for above website /\

bout' 15.00 quid

just a idea but would it work to just get spacers ( square ones ) and drill a hole in the center of them and then throught the frame and put them on with the same bolt going through the brake mounts on the frame and the mounts that go on top if you know what i meen ? then you could put them where ever you want on the frame. or maybe get the magura brake on kit and weld it and then for extra strength put a nut on bolt through it.

don't f**k around with your frame, use vee brakes! i've run maguras, discs and vees, i'm confident i won't go back to a magura any time soon :D i love my vee brake! i'm a big b*****d at 106kgs :P but i've not felt it slip since i got some decent pads, i even got reasonable performance from the standard black pads (better than magura blacks, so that says alot for the power of vees....)