Profile Hub

Mtchell

Hi

Watching a clip the other day and so my rear wheel lean to one side so checked rear wheel and found i had a wobble ,

Its side to side about 2-5mm and really annoying now as i can feel the i land at a slight angle, could it be the bearings?

Any advice or help ??

cheers

Hi

Watching a clip the other day and so my rear wheel lean to one side so checked rear wheel and found i had a wobble ,

Its side to side about 2-5mm and really annoying now as i can feel the i land at a slight angle, could it be the bearings?

Any advice or help ??

cheers

Sounds like loose bearings, loose axle bolts or dead bearings.

http://www.profileracing.com/ht_hubohaul2.php

Read through all of that :) well follow the guide and you should do a full overhaul and that will make it clear to see if there is anything loose or missing

Hope i helped.

Ollied :)

EDIT:

While you're at it you may as well give it a full re grease, in case you want a loud cassette in which you should stretch your springs ;)

Edited by Ollied

2-5 mm is quite a lot of movement, or 'play'.

Mine once had it, but it got fixed when Profile sent me a new set of Japanese bearings and a shim* (important). Y'see, Profile hubs are notorious in BMX for having wrongly-machined hubs, it's not a tolerance issue, it's just a plain error in machining. So they have to make up for it by budging a shim in there. This specific issue is covered over several places, try some BMX forums.

Moral of the story: Get rid of your Profile soon, and just go FFW. Plus I bet your dropouts are chewed to death by the Profile axle bolts. Another thing I didn't like about Profiles :turned:

2-5 mm is quite a lot of movement, or 'play'.

Mine once had it, but it got fixed when Profile sent me a new set of Japanese bearings and a shim* (important). Y'see, Profile hubs are notorious in BMX for having wrongly-machined hubs, it's not a tolerance issue, it's just a plain error in machining. So they have to make up for it by budging a shim in there. This specific issue is covered over several places, try some BMX forums.

Moral of the story: Get rid of your Profile soon, and just go FFW. Plus I bet your dropouts are chewed to death by the Profile axle bolts. Another thing I didn't like about Profiles :turned:

Is it possible to buy the shims?

and do the shims solve the problem ?