From Dh Racing To Trials....anyone Else?

scott_gregorydh

ayup,

just wondering if anyone else on here did or like me still races downhill but also rides trials? im just in the process of buying my first trials bike since i was like 14 (a planet x - eeek i know but i worked for them in the summer hols). im building a gu and hopefully be riding it in a few week with cls so should soon be smashing my shins and god knows what else.

its going to be wierd jumping from a dh bike to a 20" trials mod but im sure they'll be more positive things to come from it than negative.

anyone else done the same or similar?

ta.

scott

ayup,

just wondering if anyone else on here did or like me still races downhill but also rides trials? im just in the process of buying my first trials bike since i was like 14 (a planet x - eeek i know but i worked for them in the summer hols). im building a gu and hopefully be riding it in a few week with cls so should soon be smashing my shins and god knows what else.

its going to be wierd jumping from a dh bike to a 20" trials mod but im sure they'll be more positive things to come from it than negative.

ta.

scott

I rode MTB brfore I got into trials, never reaced, but still I rode 4x, a bit of DH and a bit of XC. It takes a little while to get used to but you should learn quicker than people who have no experience at all. The skills you learn may also improve your ability on MTB.

I rode MTB brfore I got into trials, never reaced, but still I rode 4x, a bit of DH and a bit of XC. It takes a little while to get used to but you should learn quicker than people who have no experience at all. The skills you learn may also improve your ability on MTB.

I ride all sorts have a DH bike getting an xc bike and ride trials its all good fun. i find trials helps with the DH tech stuff it opens new lines and stuff.

It will be strange going from 26" to 20" i found it had going from 26" to 24" but you will get used to it the more you ride B) i ride both now and never have a problem

ayup,

ta.

scott

i have done a bit of down hill in the past on my dmr and done dirt jump then went to bmx for a while and now got three bikes, dmr for dj and dh, bmx for bmx lol and my new ashton effect for trials/street.

chris