What Psi Should Your Tires Be.

matthew_coggan

I have been rinding in total just over a year and i have tried all diferent tyre presures is there a best tyre presure????

I run just under 20psi but i weght 13stone, so depending on how much you weight, how hard you land, how high the drop there really is no correct answer to this question just run them at a comfortable psi

It does my nut in when people tell new members to use the search function. This is "Trials-Forum" not "Trials-Database" How are these people meant to get validated when they can't ask a simple question without getting bitched at? Just answer the lads question instead of telling him go and find it out himself. It's a lot nicer to have someone respond to your question rather than having to look through old posts. This is meant to be a community where we help each other out, not a database of information.

Anyway I usually run about 15-18psi in the back and about 20-25psi in the front. It really is down to what feels best for yourself though.

It does my nut in when people tell new members to use the search function. This is "Trials-Forum" not "Trials-Database" How are these people meant to get validated when they can't ask a simple question without getting bitched at? Just answer the lads question instead of telling him go and find it out himself. It's a lot nicer to have someone respond to your question rather than having to look through old posts. This is meant to be a community where we help each other out, not a database of information.

Anyway I usually run about 15-18psi in the back and about 20-25psi in the front. It really is down to what feels best for yourself though.

I would but the answer is always the same.

PERSONAL PREFERANCE.

Brake pads, bars, stems, frames all have benefits and what not. BUT ITS STILL ALL PERSONAL!

I agree with this coment. I joined this forum to ask questions and gget some good answers which would result in me improving my trials skills.

I didnt expect to get replies like ive been getting am starting to think this forum is full of Nobs to be honest.

I agree with this coment. I joined this forum to ask questions and gget some good answers which would result in me improving my trials skills.

I didnt expect to get replies like ive been getting am starting to think this forum is full of Nobs to be honest.

There are a lot of Knobs on here to be honest myself included. It all depends what mood you catch people in. I've noticed a some people like ganging up on people too Probably the best thing to do is just ignore them and not rise the to the bait but that can be a bit of a task when its so easy to argue back ha ha.

some sweeping statements coming out here!!

if its any consolation, ive been on here for a short while and posted a fair amount...never had a problem yet!

i think most of the time its not a case of people being 'knobs', alot of people on here just dont suffer fools lightly...at the end of the day though, its the same guys (and girls?!) who have a huge amount of knowledge to help you as and when you need it...just need to play the game, read the guidelines and follow where possible ;)

some sweeping statements coming out here!!

if its any consolation, ive been on here for a short while and posted a fair amount...never had a problem yet!

i think most of the time its not a case of people being 'knobs', alot of people on here just dont suffer fools lightly...at the end of the day though, its the same guys (and girls?!) who have a huge amount of knowledge to help you as and when you need it...just need to play the game, read the guidelines and follow where possible ;)

Yeah i get what your saying but to me this inst a stupid topic, so when people say its stupid, it realy pisses me off .

like the answers ive got have been helpfull as at the minit am running about 50psi so now am going to try less and see if it helps.

Edited by matthew_coggan

Yeah i get what your saying but to me this inst a stupid topic, so when people say its stupid, it realy pisses me off .

like the answers ive got have been helpfull as at the minit am running about 50psi so now am going to try less and see if it helps.

to be fair, i just scrolled through..and didnt find one reply that accused the topic of being stupid?! the only comments are referring to the fact the same question has been asked a number of times before

(going on the guidlines and peoples advice) if you were to post the same question but with some more depth, or being more specific, it would have perhaps been recieved a little better?

it is of course a personal preference, and im sure you knew that with just a couple of searches on here or google....views on tyre pressure may differ from rider to rider depending on what sort of riding they are doing that day, what setup they are using, tyres, a specific move, or none of the mentioned!

there may be advantages/disadvantages of higher/lower pressure again depending on the above...that could also influence your decision!

so when posting future topics, try and be as specific as possible to try and help you and your specific style of riding...members are more than happy to help, trust me

Edited by chris4stars

to be fair, i just scrolled through..and didnt find one reply that accused the topic of being stupid?! the only comments are referring to the fact the same question has been asked a number of times before

(going on the guidlines and peoples advice) if you were to post the same question but with some more depth, or being more specific, it would have perhaps been recieved a little better?

it is of course a personal preference, and im sure you knew that with just a couple of searches on here or google....views on tyre pressure may differ from rider to rider depending on what sort of riding they are doing that day, what setup they are using, tyres, a specific move, or none of the mentioned!

there may be advantages/disadvantages of higher/lower pressure again depending on the above...that could also influence your decision!

so when posting future topics, try and be as specific as possible to try and help you and your specific style of riding...members are more than happy to help, trust me

yes but you can say that to every topic

sigh - *gives up*

I can see where both of you are coming from. It would be easy for him to search and find what he's looking for but if everyone did that then there wouldn't be half as many posts. I think if a question isn't on the first page then there should be no problem in asking it. It is a pain when people are constantly asking the same question but instead of just telling them to use the search function why not do it for them and show them the results? It would be a boring place if everyone just read over old posts and never posted.

I can see where both of you are coming from. It would be easy for him to search and find what he's looking for but if everyone did that then there wouldn't be half as many posts. I think if a question isn't on the first page then there should be no problem in asking it. It is a pain when people are constantly asking the same question but instead of just telling them to use the search function why not do it for them and show them the results? It would be a boring place if everyone just read over old posts and never posted.

true...to a point i think...

a question as unspecific and un-thought out as this topic is bound to get some negative response though....i tried to help the guy, spend time writing out what i thought was a helpful and thought out comment, and i get one line reply with some daft comment! of course you cant say that about every topic.

noone minds questions like these when they are specific to the rider, or if the poster has made a little amount of effort to try and find out the question themselves (just a little! - as the guidelines suggest)

its all very well finding posts about the topic...but it can be tricky to find the reply that actually suits you. im sure ive made a few topics that the answer may be hidden away in some old topic.

Yeah I do agree with you. Not everyone is going to read all of the guide lines etc because most people are too lazy to do things like that. I think its better to accept that most people will just post here willy nilly and you've just got to guide them rather than attack them.