Need Computer Help

sideburns(dnt ask)

Hey

Does anyone know of a legitamate program that i can download that will scan my laptop for missing drivers and replace them?

I've had a look on google but i don't know which ones are real ect.

Also i don't mind paying as long as i don't have to pay through the nose for it.

Thanks for any help

Peace

The only Drivers you NEED are video, sound and lan (unless you're using a wireless card, then you need those drivers).

For video visit the ATI or nVidia websites respectivly

For Audio just download the Realtek HD audio driver

For Lan visit your motherboards manufacturers website and download the latest drivers :) Or use the Realtek Ethernet drivers :D

You'll be better off going on the manufactures website and they usually detail a matrix of drivers by component/function.

I'd avoid all 'driver scanners' as I just don't trust them and its difficult to identify what's legit. I use DriverMax for driver backups and it works well; google 'drive back up open source" for the link. Its good for identifying missing drivers too but doesn't locate them for you, unfortunately.

PC Doctor is a good program for identifying drivers too.

The only Drivers you NEED are video, sound and lan (unless you're using a wireless card, then you need those drivers).

Not necessarily so.