My Annoying Back Brake :@

samster

Every time i go riding my back (HS33) brake looses all its pressure/water that's in it.

I've re-bled it, replaced all the hosing, cylinders and even the lever.

but its still loosing the pressure and its very annoying.

and also the cylinders aren't moving an inch.

any ideas on what to do people?

you sure your bleedin it right, no air in there ?? is it nice and solid when you start using it ?

i bleed it with a syringe and there's no air in there at all, and it does feel solid after i've bled it.

but once i've bled it, after about 1 pull it starts to go down again, and i cant see where the water is coming out of either which is confusing :S

Have you checked the condition of your TPA?

If the red TPA wheel has lost its thread (just over time and use), it cannot grip the lever rod, which affects how much your brake pulls in/bites.

Just take out your lever blade, unscrew the TPA and if all is good give the threads a lube for good measure.

I've had the same problem in the past, feels exactly like ripping your hosing, or putting your TPA all the way to minus.

Have you checked the condition of your TPA?

If the red TPA wheel has lost its thread (just over time and use), it cannot grip the lever rod, which affects how much your brake pulls in/bites.

Just take out your lever blade, unscrew the TPA and if all is good give the threads a lube for good measure.

I've had the same problem in the past, feels exactly like ripping your hosing, or putting your TPA all the way to minus.

yeah, my tpa doesn't work but it still has the thread on it though :S

so i just keep it on the bottom of the screw all the time

My suggestion just get a V brake on the back i just got so pissed of with hydrolic brakes braking. I changed to V and havent had a problem with it, and if they do break they are easier and cheaper to fix. just depends what money you have cos for a decent spec V brake will cost about 90 - 100 quid.

theres reason why so many stick with the hs33's!! if possible stick with it...when the problems fixed, it should be sorted for a good while

if youre are doing water bleeds, try adding quite a bit of regular food colouring...pretty cheap, and hopefully should make it pretty clear where the leak is! when you know whats up, im sure theres a whole load of advice depending on what it is

Every time i go riding my back (HS33) brake looses all its pressure/water that's in it.

so its a new brake... and its still not working?

witch moodle is it . try replacing the piston spring and seals . ive got problems getting my hose onto the barbs any tips on this without using a vice and clamp blocs as i have neither :

*Which model

The spring makes no difference to the sealing of the brake...

Some flexible rubber to hold the hosing and mole grips can be used, although it is a hell of a job.

Did you replace crossover? Did you re-use the olives? If no, have you compressed the olives enough? Take the brake off the bike and let all the water out of it, do one of the bleed bolts back up. but on the other one attatch a syringe filled with air, push it through the submerged brake, bubbles should appear if there's a leak.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had this promblem my self it mainyy becuase of the pistons sicking and this causes pressure lose, you will need to buy a new piston you can get them of tartybikes or crc for very cheap but when you get make sure that it is in striaght or you could shatter the piston

hope this helped :D