Get Trials More Exposure

duncshaw

Been spending far too much time on youtube recently as i look for distractions from uni work.when you filter the front page of videos by rating or favourites the videos that appear on the front pages sometimes don't actually have that many rating and favourites. Got me thinking that if everyone on the forum got in the way of giving 5 stars and favouriting all the good trials videos could be a way of getting some more trials videos watched by the public. We have got a pretty big community on here so we should make the most of it!

What y'all reckon?

Edited by duncshaw

I personally rate trials videos on youtube almost everytime i watch them, but that's not what everybody does. So it's a bit hard to 'make' people do it. Some people maybe don't even have youtube account. Well i guess my point is, people rate videos as long as they think it deserves their 5 stars.

Wow great idea but how can you be sure it works, To get trials more exposure just ride and people get inspired and want to take up the sport like I did.

I was up town one day, Saw some trials bikers on " Base Bikes " and I just thought that look's so awesome so I started. turned.gif

A more effective way for trials to get more exposure is if people put more effort into the editing and soundtrack used when making a video. If people used more creative camera angles and sound instead of just ''recording the event'' and then chucking a song over the top, people might be more interested.

Trials as a sport can be sorta slow to watch at times so using more interesting camera and editing techniques can really help videos stand out, just look at how well a lot of BMX videos are made and go by that. The temptation is that because your real proud of getting your biggest gap you want to get a straight on shot that shows the whole gap just to prove how big you can go. Try to get away from this and just experiment a bit.

Take Danny Mac's video, Extremely impressive riding but the way its edited and how well the soundtrack fits makes even the more standard stuff he does seem super epic.

If people tried a bit harder to make more professional looking videos we wouldn't have to spam youtube trials videos, another fall down for this idea would be where about 10 little kids have all uploaded the same CLS video, people would just rate whichever one they came to first and it'd make no differance.

Edited by mr ailsbury

I don't even think giving trials more exposure is a good thing.

Its nice like it is, we've got a tight nit community, a nice amount of retailers to buy off (and we know who runs them), if we see another trials rider we'll approach them to introduce ourselfs (unlike majority of BMX now), we have the WOW factor as its something the public rarely see.

We're unique!