Warning All Ps3 Users!

dannytrialskid

Hi,

I just logged onto my PS3 tried to sign in and it comes up saying error 8001050F.

I did some research on the sony forums and it referred me to this website and this website said this.

Sony have come under fire after the unexpected '8001050f error' hit the PlayStation Network, bringing the online PS3 world to its knees.

Sony UK have responded to the problem, with David Wilson making the following statement to Sky News:

“We’re working flat-out to fix the problem. We’ve got guys here working on things and our Japanese team have been working through the night to get this sorted.”

Mr Wilson then said that ” affected PS3 users can still access offline play” or ”other functionality that doesn’t require network access.”

It has been reported however that the problem has affected offline play as well, with users unable to access many of their games that rely on the trophy system.

On the official Sony PlayStation website, the following statement has been issued:

"We are aware that some users are experiencing error code 8001050F and a network connection failure when signing on to PlayStation Network. Those of you with the newer, “slim” PS3s (120GB/250GB) seem to be unaffected.

"We are currently working to restore service as a matter of priority and will update with further information as necessary. We apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and continued support."

"We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.

When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.

When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install trophies. Please exit your game.”

When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”

Users are not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data."

Data loss has also been reported, and users are currently advised to switch their consoles off until the problem has been fixed.

Here is the link for proof and yes it is true, because it's happened to me and I just got MAG and I can't play it. Also the guy that posted that is someone who programmes the PS3.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/815407-ps3-8001050f-error-sony-issue-official-statement-over-network-crashes

Danny.

I have an XBOX 360 sitting next to my PS3. Guess what - Don't use it. It's a loud of ****.

Update 1:

New update read the official thread.

http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/news/articles/detail/item266689/PlayStation-Network-currently-unavailable/

Update 2:

Sony have officially stopped the Playstation Network from working until they have fixed this error.

You may still be able to connect, but within a few you will not be able to.

And if you use your PS3 you may suffer severe data loss :(

Edited by dannytrialskid

I don't like XBOX and I basically gave it to my brother. He just hasn't taken it from my room yet. (Obviously doesn't want the piece of **** either)

you obviously feel quite strong hatred for the xbox, Are you under 16?

The ps3 problem seems pretty serious, glad I have an xbox...

No I am 16. And I've always been along the Sony road. And XBOX never appealed to me, I bought one and I hate it.

And ChrisHayton you have to live with the 'RED RING' that happens every 5 minutes. PS3 get one bug and is fixed ASAP!

LMAO.

Edited by dannytrialskid

Yeah search on youtube xbox erros and i bet you find more than you will if you search ps3 errors.

I searched for it and nothing came up. maybe you mean ERRORS?

i had my xbox for ages and not ONE problem.

the reason little kids get rrod is because they dont have a job and sit in all day playing games and overheating the console. and the xbox hating bandwagon begins.

I searched for it and nothing came up. maybe you mean ERRORS?

i had my xbox for ages and not ONE problem.

the reason little kids get rrod is because they dont have a job and sit in all day playing games and overheating the console. and the xbox hating bandwagon begins.

I've got over a months straight of game play out of mine with 0 problems. I'm still waiting for proof...

Wow one month explain alot doesn't it. NO!

I played PS3 for 2 years on it all the time... no problems.

My cousin buys brand new xbox 360 2 months ago. played it for 3 days... guess what? got the red ring of death.

And now he transferred over to the ps3.

Because he played it too much. If you are smart and leave it an a place where it can get lots of air it'll be fine.

As for that link, vast majority of those are from it being knocked over/dropped.