Koxx 190Mm Mono Trials

mike425

Hi Guys,

After some advice, I just noticed that bikedock are selling brand new Hope Mono trials front brakes for £70!! Catch is they are the Koxx 190mm rotor standard. This got me thinking, I am using Echo forks which as far as I know have a standard size IS spacing.

Does anyone know of an easy way to make this Koxx brake fit a 185mm rotor for my bike? I am unsure as to whether this has a custom caliper or not on the brake.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Guys,

After some advice, I just noticed that bikedock are selling brand new Hope Mono trials front brakes for £70!! Catch is they are the Koxx 190mm rotor standard. This got me thinking, I am using Echo forks which as far as I know have a standard size IS spacing.

Does anyone know of an easy way to make this Koxx brake fit a 185mm rotor for my bike? I am unsure as to whether this has a custom caliper or not on the brake.

Thanks

Mike

That won't fit I dont think...you may be able to get/make an adaptor to get it up to 200 though?

Yeh, I have a 203 and a 180 rotor lieing around so wouldn't have to buy one. It does not say on their website what caliper it is. Say it is a caliper for a 160mm rotor, the koxx forks are +30mm that means you would have to run 190mm?

So I am thinking buy it, get the hope adaptor to run a 160mm caliper on a 180mm rotor and I have a new brake for 80 quid?

Is there logic in this or am I miles out? The only stumbling block I can see is wether or not the Kox forks are +10 or +30?

Mike

Yeh, I have a 203 and a 180 rotor lieing around so wouldn't have to buy one. It does not say on their website what caliper it is. Say it is a caliper for a 160mm rotor, the koxx forks are +30mm that means you would have to run 190mm?

So I am thinking buy it, get the hope adaptor to run a 160mm caliper on a 180mm rotor and I have a new brake for 80 quid?

Is there logic in this or am I miles out? The only stumbling block I can see is wether or not the Kox forks are +10 or +30?

Mike

If its a caliper for a 160mm rotor then you'll be fine. You just need either a 160 rotor or a plus 20mm adapter to run 180.