What Bike For A Beginner

P4ul

hi,

well i have been looking round the forum and the interent and there are so many bikes to chose from.

As i am new to all of this i dont have a clue what to look for.

Please could someone give me a list or pointers as to what would be suitable for a first bike.

I have been looking at quitea few onza bikes but as i say i dont really have a clue what i am looking at.

I will have a budget of about £250 and i wouldn't mind buying second hand as long as someone was to tell me what to look out for in second hand bikes.

Thanks in advance

hi,

well i have been looking round the forum and the interent and there are so many bikes to chose from.

Please could someone give me a list or pointers as to what would be suitable for a first bike.

I have been looking at quitea few onza bikes but as i say i dont really have a clue what i am looking at.

I will have a budget of about £250 and i wouldn't mind buying second hand as long as someone was to tell me what to look out for in second hand bikes.

Thanks in advance

Diaomnd back Kabuki monos are a good starter bikes i had one was good learner quite light reasonable spec. One is for sale on here. Although i doubt you will be able to contact the seller if you are a pre member as i have found because you havnt been validated yet!!!

Paul

Second hand without a seconds hesitation...for that money it's by far your best bet.

If stock, i'd say something like an Echo Control, Zoo pitbull , T-rex etc...just something that's low-mid BB and a reasonable length. You should be looking for a rear Pro2 free-hub, or a good fron freewheel set-up. All major parts should be aluminium, and most branded.

If you're considering going mod then I'd say straight away to look at an Onza t-pro. Loved by most people on this forum for their low weight, good strength and great flicky yet controllable geometry. This would be easy to pick-up a fairly decent spec for the £250 mark, certainly far easier than a stock.

That bike would be fine for a complete beginner, but you will progress out of it rather quickly. Due to it having a 20 inch back wheel instead of a normal 19 inch one. I would keep my money and wait for some thing a little better. once you get validated you can get a look in the forsale section here and you will be able to get a decent bike. I do have a monty forsale but as the rules state you cant buy until you are a full member

i would personly try and stay away from one of these but if your going to go for it then ask how long he has had, if he bought it from new, any nasty scratches and dents. I would say maybe £150 for it or £200at a push but i would try and stear away from it though, have alook on the for sale part on here and if you see something you like go on there profile and send them a email or add them on msn, thats what i did when looking for a bike. Hope i helped.

chris

thanks for the offer on your bike but i am after something bit smaller.

what about this bike.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110510539124&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

again please could you let me know wheather it would be any good and what it is worth.

sorry if it is a bit annoying but i am just trying to lean a bit of the market and what is good and what is not.

hi,

Thanks in advance

i started of with a t-pro and that was a very nice bike to ride plus you can pick them up for not alot of money now im sure your find one on ebay for 250 maybe less if lucky. always check for cracks...

spindle (liam)

Edited by spindle_portsmouth

Well after a bit of thinking i am quite liking the look of a t-pro.

a guy on ebay said i could have his for about £160.

It needs a new front tyre but that is is. i would also be picking it up so would be able to check it for ant dents or cracks ect.

What do you think?

Diaomnd back Kabuki monos are a good starter bikes i had one was good learner quite light reasonable spec. One is for sale on here. Although i doubt you will be able to contact the seller if you are a pre member as i have found because you havnt been validated yet!!!

Paul

No they are not. The gearing is wrong and the frames are stupidly long.

Well after a bit of thinking i am quite liking the look of a t-pro.

a guy on ebay said i could have his for about £160.

It needs a new front tyre but that is is. i would also be picking it up so would be able to check it for ant dents or cracks ect.

What do you think?

I have a t-pro at the moment. A lot of people take the micky that you ride them. They call them t-poo's but i dont think they are too bad, the front forlks are a little heavy but apart from that they are a good starting bike. They are also stabe and you cant crack them with one bad trick like you can with t-birds. But if you can just hunt around e-bay as some people get too old to ride them, or they have kids they need to look after so they sell them (the bike not the kids lol) real cheap for massive quality.

Edited by Kenny--Trials

I have a t-pro at the moment. A lot of people take the micky that you ride them. They call them t-poo's but i dont think they are too bad, the front forlks Forks are a little heavy but apart from that they are a good starting bike. They are also stabe and you cant crack them with one bad trick like you can with t-birds. But if you can just hunt around e-bay as some people get too old to ride them, or they have kids they need to look after so they sell them (the bike not the kids lol) real cheap for massive quality.

Sorry but where did you get the T-birds crack if you do one bad trick?