Ffw Problem

scotty007

Hi just a quick question and hopefully a problem solved. I run a tensile 60 click ffw, but the problem im having is the freewheel is touching the bb shell and undoing the bottom bracket. I think i need to put a spacer in between the ffw and the crank, Is this correct and where can i find them?. Iv checked out tarty bikes but cant seem to find anything there, Does you peeps know where i can get a pair of zed spacers thanks very much !

Hi just a quick question and hopefully a problem solved. I run a tensile 60 click ffw, but the problem im having is the freewheel is touching the bb shell and undoing the bottom bracket. I think i need to put a spacer in between the ffw and the crank, Is this correct and where can i find them?. Iv checked out tarty bikes but cant seem to find anything there, Does you peeps know where i can get a pair of zed spacers thanks very much !

think you will need a longer bb mate.

He's right. Putting a spacer between the crank and freewheel will only move the freewheel closer to the BB.

Longer BB will sort it out.

Ummm my bad! Need the spacer between the freewheel and the bb not between the ffw and crank or is this the same thing and il still need the longer bb ?

The spacer i need is this i think

post-24045-12694456413_thumb.jpg

Edited by scotty007

If you bought that from Tarty i would of thought they'd mention that something was incompatible? Check your BB is tight though, a loose cup could be the upset. But then again if you bought in bits no-one would know.

Just buy a new BB, or have that bashring removed.

If you bought that from Tarty i would of thought they'd mention that something was incompatible? Check your BB is tight though, a loose cup could be the upset. But then again if you bought in bits no-one would know.

Just buy a new BB, or have that bashring removed.

I think a lot of people are getting the wrong end of my question. i only need a spacer like the one shown not the whole BB. I want to put some distance between the inside of the ffw and the BB as the face side of the freewheel is hitting the face side of the BB and undoing it as i pedal forward. Granted a longer BB is the way to go but how about just the spacer shown can you buy these separate. If not il go out a buy a longer BB .

I think a lot of people are getting the wrong end of my question. i only need a spacer like the one shown not the whole BB. I want to put some distance between the inside of the ffw and the BB as the face side of the freewheel is hitting the face side of the BB and undoing it as i pedal forward. Granted a longer BB is the way to go but how about just the spacer shown can you buy these separate. If not il go out a buy a longer BB .

Ideally you want the crank as far on as possible onto the bb as you want maximum strength, so if i were you i would just get a longer bb or like suggested many times take your bash or spacer off if you are running one (Y)

Ideally you want the crank as far on as possible onto the bb as you want maximum strength, so if i were you i would just get a longer bb or like suggested many times take your bash or spacer off if you are running one (Y)

Cool think its sorted ! Taken my halfbash off which i didnt want to do but needs must plus its only a week old. And in mint condition. Up for sale now too ! Thanks to all peolple who posted their help.

Please close MR MODAVATOR !

Ahh who needs a bash anyway ay.. Been running my stock without one for atleast a year uci blud.. Mind you i have just bought a bashguard for my mod so i fail.

Well we will give it a go if i smash my ffw then so be it . Did you get your rotor ?