Hungry Chain

stunt man t

can anyone help?

ive noticed that my chain is rubing on my frame, and its prety deep :(

Photo-0176.jpg

its a onza blade frame, rockman bub hub and trial-tech sprocket

im kinda worried as its a new frame, that itll get that deep that itll snap

does any body have a suggestion on how i can solve it?

some one told me to turn the sprocket round, but ive tried it and then the chain hits the spoke heads :S

please help :(

Smaller axle'd BB, Thinner chain ?. It's happening on my Limey aswel, i'm going to wrap a little bit of tape which you put on tennis rackets just too reduced wear.

smaller axle bb wont let my free wheel turn :(

its a trial-tech lite chain, can u get a smaller one which is ok for trials?

i need some of that tape :P

Swapping to a 3/32" chain like the Lite or K810 will save you a couple of mm, which might be enough to make a difference. Other than that, a shorter BB, spacer behind your freewheel (if you've got room), or getting a TR sprocket (which has the teeth centrally mounted rather than offset). It sucks that they pretty much all involve money, but that's bikes I guess...

EDIT: Simultaneous post = fail :P

Spacer or TR sprocket may be the way.

Swapping to a 3/32" chain like the Lite or K810 will save you a couple of mm, which might be enough to make a difference. Other than that, a shorter BB, spacer behind your freewheel (if you've got room), or getting a TR sprocket (which has the teeth centrally mounted rather than offset). It sucks that they pretty much all involve money, but that's bikes I guess...

the chain is a Trialtech Lite Z610 HX, 3/32'' :(

might be able to fit a bit shorter then a 128mm bb but its not much room as i use a bash ring

TR or try-all sprocket then i guess?

the chain is a Trialtech Lite Z610 HX, 3/32'' :(

might be able to fit a bit shorter then a 128mm bb but its not much room as i use a bash ring

TR or try-all sprocket then i guess?

what freewheel you running? if it's one of them ones with the claw type protusions on the back which the freewheel tool slots into, getting a shorter BB and a freewheel which has the tool grooves recessed into the body should give you some extra space too

what freewheel you running? if it's one of them ones with the claw type protusions on the back which the freewheel tool slots into, getting a shorter BB and a freewheel which has the tool grooves recessed into the body should give you some extra space too

try-all 108.9?

didnt quiet get the rest :giggle:

What gearing are you using? Could be the size of the sprocket...

18T freewheel

12T sprocket

:D

Im poor, so I used an old innertube, cut it up, and taped it round the frame where the chain was hitting. :-

did that work?

wouldnt the chain just cut through the soft rubber inner tube and still cut the frame

as the chain is in the same place?

edit: isnt youres a full onza build (looks like it in your pic) so it sholudnt rub? :S

Edited by stunt man t

did that work?

Seems to work for me only had it on a few weeks though, it may well need replacing if I never get a new chain, but there's only a few marks on the rubber so far (Y)

I think it would be a good id to listen to the pros here though :P

edit: I need a new chain, thats why it's rubbing at the moment. Should be one on it's way hopefully though!

Edited by Theo

Seems to work for me only had it on a few weeks though, it may well need replacing later but there's only a few marks on the rubber so far (Y)

I think it would be a good id to listen to the pro's here though :P

yeah i no mate

just means i wont be able to ride till monday :(

do you think itll b ok til then to use?

its only 5 days old :P

i cant even get the sprocket off anyway :( its solid and cant find a tool to get from tarty

another topic starter ;)

some one told me to turn the sprocket round, but ive tried it and then the chain hits the spoke heads :S

I had this problem, just flip your 12t sprocket over should be fine, just watch it does rub on your spokes instead.

I had this problem, just flip your 12t sprocket over should be fine, just watch it does rub on your spokes instead.

it does :(

ill order a tr sprocket on friday aswell as some more bits (Y)

thanks for youre help guys :wub:

Yep: http://tartybikes.co.uk/media.php?group=guides&id=1 - 1:30 Mins onwards.

As said, a TR sprocket will probably do the job, or flipping your Trialtech one and sticking a slim spacer in.

thanks adam ;)

Edited by stunt man t