Advice On An Xc/Trail Bike

Mr Bob

Hi, as in the tile really. I would love a trail bike or something so i can go on the usual bike rides yet hit the woods and psooibly the random jump every so often. what would you recommeend as anew bike or any second hand ones you guys are selling.

p.s loving the look of the mongoose fireball 2011 when it comes out.

Ta, josh.

Edited by Mr Bob

Hi, as in the tile really. I would love a trail bike or something so i can go on the usual bike rides yet hit the woods and psooibly the random jump every so often. what would you recommeend as anew bike or any second hand ones you guys are selling.

p.s loving the look of the mongoose fireball 2011 when it comes out.

Ta, josh.

I'd go for a Specialized, pref a rockhopper if you can get one in your price range. Worth having a look on ebay for one, wish I'd kept mine now, was a quality bike!

Personally at this price i'd go second hand. I work at Halfords and yes, the Boardmans are awesome for the cash.

But check the likes of Pinkbike and Southern Downhill for second hand rigs first, youd be supprised what you can find for the money.

But, if your going new - Boardman bikes all the way

Yeah im looking on pinkbike, thanks for the advice i like the look of this, http://www.boardmanbikes.com/mtbfs/fs_comp.html

cheers for advice up to now though.

Buy my Rockhopper Pro 2009, selling it end of June for £450. Not even a year old. No wear on the drivetrain. Mint condition. Better spec than that boardman, a lot lighter, about 25pounds. Reba SL fork, Xt mech. Rides amazing. 21" though so if your short, it won't be good.

The Marin hardtail range is awesome.

All the frames in their 'Trail Hardtail' range are the same geometry (and maybe even the same frame just different colours and logos), its just the quality of the parts they use that is the difference between the prices.

I used to have a Rocky Ridge and it was an amazing bike!

Buy my Rockhopper Pro 2009, selling it end of June for £450. Not even a year old. No wear on the drivetrain. Mint condition. Better spec than that boardman, a lot lighter, about 25pounds. Reba SL fork, Xt mech. Rides amazing. 21" though so if your short, it won't be good.

yo nay picstures? and yeha il check out the marins would be preoared to swap for a gu

yo nay picstures? and yeha il check out the marins would be preoared to swap for a gu

Timmy will take ages to get pic's,, you know set up the lighting, angle and all that stuff then mabey take a while to edit them!

i think by time he gets his anthem x 3 !!!??? then the pics will be ready!

lol

tis a nice wee bike the rockhopper.

i personally havent seen timmys( but mabey soon as i am allowed to ride now) but i think its this one.

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/bikes-and-gear/bikes/mountain/Specialized%20Rockhopper%20Pro%202009-399-75.jpg