New Bike

The Legend

Hey i was wondering what to get for my first trials bike. I was thinking of an Onza Rip 2010 for £284.99 but im still unsure. Should i buy new or second hand? Also what is a good weight for a trials bike? :)

Thanks B)

you can get more for your money if you buy second hand if your going to buy a complete bike

Onza is definitely your best choice for a first bike (I just got mine today, Onza Bird), as to second hand or new its all up to budget:

With a new bike you might be spending more money but its new, everything works and any problems take it back to the shop and they will fix.

Second hand, might pay less but might have better parts (e.g. hs33 brakes) but it something else is wrong with it you gota take it on the chin.

All depends what your after.

Personally I wouldnt get the RIP, I was too looking at them as there cheap but the rear wheel is 20" not 19" like other mod bikes, but it cannot be 'upgraded' to a 19" tyre due to the frame size!

People are validated depending on whether they are a mong or not, not how good they are at trials.

I no i no, but its got to be pretty hard to be helpfull in peoples threads if you have no experience,

im not trying to be a dick and say he doesnt no anything,

sorry if it seems that way m8

The new Onza range is a beast. It's pretty awesome from our point of view not least 'cos they've got 31.8mm bars now, meaning it's nice and easy to upgrade the bar or stem if you want to, instead of being tied to having to upgrade both bar and stem from the older size to the more common oversized standard. The overall range of components on all their range are better this year, they're great value.

You do get a 'better' bike in terms of pure specs if you go second hand, but at the same time with a brand new bike you know it's all fresh and new, you've got a warranty, you've got better after-sales care and so on. If you can get a good deal second hand then that's cool, but it can be a bit dicey.

I no i no, but its got to be pretty hard to be helpfull in peoples threads if you have no experience,

im not trying to be a dick and say he doesnt no anything,

sorry if it seems that way m8

How did you get validated with spelling and punctuation like that?

NMC is less helpful than the full forum...

• 2 weeks later...