Snapped Onza Skull

p_ruskin

Not just the same but exactly the same, see that weld where the pinhole is, that is where the weld has been pulled off to quickly.

This would not matter if the weld between the two tubes (The long weld) either stopped a good bit away from this bash mount, or further past or better yet had no bash mount at all.

2 years is pretty good, mine snapped in just less than six months.

Did you run a bashplate or just a ring?

It's a shame because it is otherwise a very good frame, if onza made a skull2 with no bashmounts, a gusset at the dropout and a disc mount I would get another.

Edited by Matt Vandart

Not just the same but exactly the same, see that weld where the pinhole is, that is where the weld has been pulled off to quickly.

This would not matter if the weld between the two tubes (The long weld) either stopped a good bit away from this bash mount, or further past or better yet had no bash mount at all.

2 years is pretty good, mine snapped in just less than six months.

Did you run a bashplate or just a ring?

It's a shame because it is otherwise a very good frame, if onza made a skull2 with no bashmounts, a gusset at the dropout and a disc mount I would get another.

yeah lasted quite a long time, and i never ran a bash always a ring

SAVAGE!!!

Since its a common fault. And is obviously a manufacturing fault. Do Onza offer any Warranty /+ Refund?

yeah they do but not on this frame, i have already asked about that and there is no warranty as it is a prototype

I have never seen this frame before.

I have not read this whole topic so this has probably already been said but,how did you snap it?

Thanks

Nothing has been said about exactly how he done it but there is a fault/weakness with the frame where it snapped, a few of my friends have snapped the same frame in the same place, but also just from general use like he said he has been using it for almost 2 years.

...this super lightweight trials scene is going to start getting dangerous.

Good job I hope the next one stays alive for a while.

I'd class

almost 2 years

as 'a while', personally? 2 years is quite a long time for a trials frame, especially also bearing in mind

there is no warranty as it is a prototype

Nice.

Edit: How thin is that metel? :huh:

Most frames have less than 2mm thick tubing on them.

if onza made a skull2 with no bashmounts, a gusset at the dropout and a disc mount I would get another.

For the bash mounts part, a grinder sorts them out no fuss... The Limey sounds pretty similar to what you're after (assuming you ground the mounts off, anyway)?

Cool Cool, What frame have you got now then? Hopefully it will last another 2 years :).

I have had a Limey320 since late December as well, its a much nicer bike to ride, i thought i would replace this with a frame with similar geo to the Limey so i have ordered the new 2010 comp frame as its nice and cheap too :)

and as i said it was bound to go at some point because it has been used for a while, I'm happy with how long it lasted really