Non-Disc Stock Freehubs

Theta2

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my wheels for trials as my current ones shouldn't even be seen near a trials bike (Sun Rims MTX on DMR Revolvers) :lol:

I was going to get a Deng hub (GU, Echo, ZOO!, Adamant, Czar etc.) only to find they have stopped selling them. I cant find another decent hubs for around the same money, so im wondering if maybe i should just swap to a freewheel.

I'm also weighing up the pros and cons of drilled rims. Thinking Echo Urban 26" in blue. Don't know if they are any good. Any thoughts on this anyone?

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/alex_michael30/Bike/Photo0014.jpg

Cheers

Alex

I'd agree, either get a hope or swap to a FFW setup.

As for the Urban rims, what frame have you got? If you currently use sun rims on a dmr hub I'm assuming its not a recent trials frame??

Frame is a Base TA26, Mtx's are just the wheels i had available when i built the bike, they came off my dirt jumper.

Don't really want to swap to FFW cos i kinda want to keep my middleburns.

I also dont really like the idea of the chain spinning all the time.

Might consider it

Cheers

Hope Pro2 would be your best bet - Can pick them up in the classifieds on here now and again for cheaps.

Was thinking about getting a Pro2 trials but i dont want to get a second hand one really cos ive had second hand hubs before and they skip if people haven't looked after them.

Might have a look anyway.

Don't really need the disc mount but ah well

Cheers

Is it just a v brake frame?

You may struggle to get some brakes that'll fit with a rim that wide as I was gonna get one for my heavy tools but there would have been no way to get my maguras to fit on.

Ended up with an Echo TR and I still had to do some major fannying around to get by brakes on!

As for the middleburns thats fair enough, get a hope, it'll be the last hub you ever buy probably!

Was thinking about getting a Pro2 trials but i dont want to get a second hand one really cos ive had second hand hubs before and they skip if people haven't looked after them.

Might have a look anyway.

Don't really need the disc mount but ah well

Cheers

The majority of freehubs have disk mounts as standard, just the way it is.

Just saying the price of a new Pro2 might be out of your budget, but a second hand one will be infinately better than even a new Deng freehub. Get one off a trusted member and you'll be alreet.

The majority of freehubs have disk mounts as standard, just the way it is.

Just saying the price of a new Pro2 might be out of your budget, but a second hand one will be infinately better than even a new Deng freehub. Get one off a trusted member and you'll be alreet.

Plus you won't get a better service than that off hope, even if its 2nd hand they'll usually sort it for free!

Is it just a v brake frame?

You may struggle to get some brakes that'll fit with a rim that wide as I was gonna get one for my heavy tools but there would have been no way to get my maguras to fit on.

Ended up with an Echo TR and I still had to do some major fannying around to get by brakes on!

As for the middleburns thats fair enough, get a hope, it'll be the last hub you ever buy probably!

It's V-brake and Disc but I'm sick of discs on my trials because every time I go to sidehop I'm scared ill land on them and bend/shatter them like I did my last set.

Maybe I should just fit my 160mm rotors?

160s are useless though :D

Think I'll go for Pro 2 Trials or FFW

Plus I can just get Tensile offset Maggy mounts :)

Oh wait no I can't in need evo mounts unless i get braize on. Goddamn :lol:

Edited by Theta2

It's V-brake and Disc but I'm sick of discs on my trials because every time I go to sidehop I'm scared ill land on them and bend/shatter them like I did my last set.

Maybe I should just fit my 160mm rotors?

160s are useless though :D

Think I'll go for Pro 2 Trials or FFW

Plus I can just get Tensile offset Maggy mounts :)

Oh wait no I can't in need evo mounts unless i get braize on. Goddamn :lol:

I've got a set of evo mounts modded to fit with tensile offset if you wanna buy??

Hoping to get a new frame at some point too.

I'm thinking maybe GU LE '09 or Speedrace Fans 26"

Bike feels weird at the moment because I've just got back onto it having ridden my DJ for a while. Plus the brakes need bleeding and cleaning.

Any suggestions on what to clean my discs with? I've tried Cillit bang and it worked quite well, just wondering if there's anything better that anyone knows of.

Thanks

Might just buy a full bike because I'm sick to death of mine. Frame wheels forks and brakes are useless. So what's left? Cranks. BB. Bars. Not much else. Any ideas on a cheap nice bike anyone?

Edited by Theta2
  • Like 1