Will This Tyre Fit My Frame?

rab shropshire

Not tried but:

1. if it does work you'll have to run it so far back in the dropouts your brake won't line up.

2. My DK/Rain Kings just about fit ith the brake not lined up, ith a halflink they do fit but rub under hard accelleration. I have also chopped the side knobbles down.

3. Dont bother, get 2.5 max. Despite what you may be thinking it wont grip better, make you cooler, be bouncier or make you in any way a better rider 'cos you'll be hauling a huge tyre about all the time.

Thanks for advice mate, scrap that idea then lol

So der kaisers dont really fit that well either?

Echo did a ruddy good job of welding the brake mounts about 5mm too high up the seatstay.

I've run mine with 18:15 with a trialtech chain and a DK fits ok (with the side knobs trimmed) but the brake rubs on the tyre at max adjustment.

I now run a halflink and a rain king (slightly thinner tread pattern than a DK) and the brake works fine, everything is all good but it does rub under hard accelleration. Thats with a stretched chain. When I get a new chain I'll have to take the hald link out, run it till it stretches then put the half link back in.