Handlebar Advice...?

foxinsocks

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which bar would you give your own son?

• Sixpack MENACE 720mm
    • Sixpack MILLENIUM 760mm
    • FUNN Fatboy 750mm
    • Da Bomb Apache 750mm
    • Other...

Looking for a good trials riser bar. Around 730mm minimum, preferably with relatively high sweep (got a bit of a wrist issue).

Im not from Europe, so shipping prices kinda narrow down my options (so im afraid Tarty is probably out of the question)

1) Sixpack MENACE 720mm Handlebar -

* 25mm rise

* 9 degree backsweep

* 5 degree upsweep

2) Sixpack MILLENIUM 760mm Handlebar

* 25mm rise

* 9 degree backsweep

* 5 degree upsweep

3) FUNN Fatboy 750mm

* 8° BACK SWEEP, 5.5° UP SWEEP

*30 mm rise

4) Da Bomb Apache 750mm

*25 mm rise

* cant find information about rise/sweep - but it seems pretty high on both angles

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=34517

5) They all suck

Edited by foxinsocks

MTB bars tend to be very flat compared to trials bars, having about half as much upsweep. It doesn't sound like much but it certainly feels very different.Where abouts are you from? I guess you've enquired with Tarty about their international shipping costs? I've got a set of Monty bars on my stock and some Truvativ bars on my 24" and although the bars on the 24" feel fine width and rise wise, they feel really flat and horrible comapred to the Monty bars.

Trialtech High Rise bars should do pretty well for you. 10° back, 10° up, 103mm or so of total rise, and 730mm width. I've felt them on 20", 24" and 26" bikes and they seem to suit pretty much all of them. Might be a little wide for some 20" and some 24" riders, but for stocks they feel really good.

In terms of shipping, we ship worldwide with pretty good rates with Fedex. I don't know which country you're in, but for example, we can ship using next day delivery to places like the US and Canada for about £14 for a set of bars, the same for some countries in the EU too. Further east (e.g. Russia) costs a bit more, but yeah, depends where you are really...

Trialtech High Rise bars should do pretty well for you. 10° back, 10° up, 103mm or so of total rise, and 730mm width. I've felt them on 20", 24" and 26" bikes and they seem to suit pretty much all of them. Might be a little wide for some 20" and some 24" riders, but for stocks they feel really good.

In terms of shipping, we ship worldwide with pretty good rates with Fedex. I don't know which country you're in, but for example, we can ship using next day delivery to places like the US and Canada for about 14 for a set of bars, the same for some countries in the EU too. Further east (e.g. Russia) costs a bit more, but yeah, depends where you are really...

Hey, I take it you're from Tarty...?

Im from Israel, by the way. As incredible as the mountain biking scene is over here (and its wicked!) - the trials scene is rather small.

I've just shipped a bike from the UK (a Toxsin2) - and the shipping cost me more than the bike!

This is why many people here order regularly from ChainReaction simply because of the free shipping (for large orders). The shipping prices make it totally impractical.

Now, take a £42 bar, add £15 for shipping, then all sorts of stupid mail charges for large packages (as high as £15)... im sure you get the pictures :$

If i were from the UK, i'd order one no questions asked. but....

Seeing as those are my options here, im thinkin the Apache has the highest rise and sweep.